Chapter 45

"You okay son?" Duke asked as he helped him put the cot together.

They finished painting the nursery and now they were putting everything into place.

"I'm fine" He mumbled as he looked at the instructions.

"Are you sure?" Vinny glanced at him but he could see that his dad was a little concerned.

"Yes, I'm sure," Vinny said before taking his attention elsewhere.

Duke studied him further and decided that Oliver probably sorted out his little blip earlier.

He shouldn't worry when he stutters, it's extremely rare when it happens now and by the looks of things, he has it under control.

"Okay, good" Duke smiled and decided to change the conversation. "I can't believe your baby is due in six weeks."

For Vinny to hear that was very exciting.

"I know," He said and couldn't hold back a little smile.

"Have you thought of baby names yet?"

Vinny shook his head and started putting pieces of the cot together.

"We should probably start though" He mumbled.

"Yes, it's really not long now" Duke beamed. He was feeling so proud of his son. "Do you feel ready?"

Vinny glanced at him again.

"Yes, I can't wait" He admitted.

"You know who else can't wait, your mother" Duke chuckled.

Vinny rolled his eyes but almost every time Oliver walks into the same room as her she runs over to feel his baby bump.

"Bless her, you're so lucky you know, having a mum that's very supportive," Duke said.

"I know," Vinny said. He does appreciate all they've done for him and they know that.

"And you're very lucky to have Oliver."

Vinny stopped what he was doing.

"I know that," He said. "Oliver has done so much for me, he has no idea."

Duke showed a gentle smile.

"You really deserve him."

It was true what Vinny said. His life began when he met Oliver and that's how Duke and Madison see it too.

Vinny returned the smile before they both carried on with what they were doing.

* * * * *

1 month later.

Oliver was sitting in the swimming pool, but he was on the steps at the shallow end.

He had his head resting against the side of the pool and he was leaning back so his bump created a little island as it poked out from the top of the water.

His bump was now huge.

With less than two weeks to go, he looked like a heavily pregnant person and felt like a heavily pregnant person.

As his body continued to somewhat reject the process, he's really struggling to sleep at night, his back constantly needs a good rub from Vinny's gentle hands and he's feeling completely wiped out the majority of the time. He struggles to walk for long periods of time and even struggles with the stairs.

But there are only a few weeks left and he still feels really excited.

"You okay down there Oliver?" Panuleon asked.