Chapter 22

Vinny stood next to Jed as Oliver stood next to Zachariah. They were prepared to leave for the demons hideout.

Corey wrapped his arms around Panuleon's waist and rested his head against his chest.

"Our main priority is to protect the boys," Zachariah said as nods were shared his way. "Okay, I want everyone to follow me."

The angels then flashed their wings as Zachariah held onto Oliver and Jed held onto Vinny.

They both hated this part, but braced themselves as the Angels looked up and in a flash,

they were gone.

* * * * *

Duke was sitting in his study.

He was staring sadly at his desk. It was full of paperwork he just couldn't bring himself to do. But the public understood that their demands wouldn't be met until the boys return home.

Nobody knew if that would be soon or not.

The angels still hadn't told them anything because they were all with the boys.

But he didn't know that.

Duke was really missing his son and he really missed Oliver.

Their presence really made a big impact in their home and now that it was gone, they noticed.

He would give anything for Oliver to come in and start asking him ridiculous amounts of questions about random things.

He wished Vinny would come in and stay for a little while like he sometimes does.

But they weren't here and it made them realise just how important they both are in their lives.

He also hoped that Jed was okay.

He knew he would do everything he could to protect the boys and that gave him a bit of comfort.

But he was still losing his mind with worry.

* * * * *

Everyone landed together and stayed sharp.

The room they came to had three demons who immediately jumped up with shock.

The Angels wasted no time and jumped on them before Corey could even let go of his soulmate.

No more than 10 seconds passed and they were on the floor dead or unconscious, they didn't care.

Vinny took Oliver's hand as they watched an Angel listen through the door.

The room was scummy and dull. It had nothing in it apart from a single plastic chair.

Corey held Panuleon's hand as Jed turned to the couples.

"Stay together," He said, knowing they could not be separated again. It would be too hard for them to go through that.

They nodded as nerves flashed through them.

"Let's go," An angel said and pushed the door open.

A lot of demons were walking down the corridor but their heads quickly snapped in their direction.

Their eyes turned black with warning and violence.

No words were said between them, they just pounced on the enemy.

It was clear that the Angels are way stronger than the demons, but that didn't stop them from putting up a fight.

punches, kicks, and even head buts were thrown by the demons. But the Angels ploughed through them like water.