Chapter 36

After swimming, Vinny made sure Oliver got his ice cream and Oliver made sure Vinny got, well... him.

Over the course of the week, Corey and Panuleon settled into their new home rather nicely.

It still feels like a bit of a dream, but a very rewarding dream and one they don't want to wake up from.

They've learnt so much from this world, like how the Vanderwood's are celebrities in their own city and home.

It's weird for them to hear Oliver and Vinny get called Masters by the staff.

They've learned that Vampires have always had authority over the humans but by the looks of things, they manage this world incredibly well.

It was now the last day of mating season and Oliver was trying to read a book in the library.

Vinny, of course, was very distracted by his soulmate and kept randomly kissing him and wanting his attention.

"A book becomes very interesting when you've read the same line five times," Oliver said as he glanced at Vinny.

Vinny smiled but he really couldn't help it.

Oliver tilted his head and put the book on the floor.

"Come here then" He grinned.

Vinny immediately climbed onto his lap and wrapped his arms around his shoulders.

Oliver rubbed his back and took in his familiar scent.

"You're so cute" Vinny mumbled as he rested his head against his.

Oliver smiled and kissed his cheek.

They were sitting on the floor, in between the aisles of the book shelves.

Vinny let the feel of Oliver's lips linger on his cheek as he resisted the urge to kiss him with extreme passion.

Oliver let out a happy sigh.

He felt a little queasy as it has been gradually getting worse as the week went on. He wasn't sick this morning but it's now late afternoon and he still feels not quite right.

But it was a constant reminder that a child is growing inside him.

They've come to terms with it but haven't really discussed what they'll buy, whether they'll find out the sex of the baby before the due date or baby names.

Maybe it's still too soon for that.

"Vinny, I forgot to ask, is this pregnancy normal? Will it last nine months?"

Vinny pulled back and inspected his face.

"I think so, but I can't be certain," He said truthfully. "Maybe we should ask my mum."

"I'm sure she'll be happy to answer" Oliver chuckled.

Vinny grumbled a response, one in which Oliver didn't quite capture. He then looked at Oliver's stomach. He kept expecting a change but it still looked like it always did, flat and toned.

"It's going to be so strange," Oliver said, seeing where he was looking. "Having a bump."

Vinny allowed a little smile to escape.

"Having a baby bump."

Oliver grinned at him.

"I wonder when I'll start showing, I'll have to get new clothes."

"My mums already started that project. She likes to sew" Vinny said. He vaguely remembered her talking about it but as usual, he wasn't really listening to her.