Chapter 40

Jed quickly walked in after them. He tried to stop the couple but Scarlet called him a feathered freak and pushed him aside.

He knew they would be here to cause trouble, they always are.

Duke almost double took. After Scarlet hit Oliver, he didn't expect to see her for a long time.

"Get out" Vinny growled before standing up.

Corey and Panuleon had no idea what was going on but the atmosphere was quickly turning tense, so the Angel tightened his grip around his soulmate.

"I'm here to apologise," Scarlet said before crossing her arms. She glanced at Oliver and his bump but said nothing and showed no type of reaction.

Her eyes didn't even reach Corey and Panuleon.

She must have heard the news.

"I don't accept it."

Kyran opened his mouth to say something but Vinny quickly shot him down.

"Don't you dare" He grumbled.

Kyran silently gulped and did nothing. He is intimidated by Vinny, who wouldn't be if they were in his bad books.

"Vinny," Duke said, shooting him a 'calm down' glance.

Oliver could feel his soulmates anger pulsing through his soul.

"It's not me you need to apologise to," Vinny said, clenching his fists.

Scarlet then looked to Oliver, the human who she loathes.

He was nervous under her gaze and he was exceptionally vulnerable in her presence, now that he's pregnant.

Scarlet opened her mouth like she was struggling to admit that she was wrong and needs to put things right.

The truth is, she wanted to put things right between her brother and her parents. She missed them but still thought Oliver was a huge inconvenience.

She completely dismisses the fact that he makes her brother happy.

"I'm sorry Oliver" She mumbled, but Kyran jabbed her in the ribs with his elbow. "I'm sorry Oliver" She said again but this time, it was more like she meant it.

But everyone knew she didn't.

Oliver didn't know what to do. Should he accept her apology? She has been so evil to him but he's a big believer in second chances.

"Why are you sorry?" Vinny asked bluntly.

Scarlet sighed, but if she had any chance of putting things right, she had to play a good game, one that would convince her brother and her parents.

"Because I hurt you, I made you feel uncomfortable and I really am sorry for what I put you through."

Oliver still had a scar on his wrist from Vinny's bite.

Scarlet was incredibly nasty to him when he was only looking for acceptance.

But can she change?

He looked at Madison and Duke for guidance but they were looking at their daughter with narrowed eyes.

"You mean it?" John then asked. "All those things you did to hurt my son and you're finally growing up and accepting that you did wrong?" He hated Scarlet and for very good reason.

"Yes... I mean it" Scarlet said whilst flicking her hair over her shoulder. She had to bite her tongue not to snap at him.

Vinny was glaring at her, hating that she returns out of the blue looking for forgiveness.