Chapter 30

When someone hears new's that is simply so shocking, it takes a few moments for the brain to really take it in and start developing the information.

To their parents, it was hovering on the surface and finding it very difficult to register.

Oliver's eyes stared desperately with anticipation, so did Vinny's.

"I'm sorry, you're what?" Duke asked as his frown showed the level of disbelief, hanging in his mind.

Oliver cleared his throat and was squeezing Vinny's hand really hard, but the vampire didn't mind.

"I'm um, I'm pregnant," He said quietly.

This is when John's mouth slowly began to hang open.

Madison's eyes were swapping between the boys, but her brain was till re-booting itself.

"I did produce a son, didn't I?" John asked with a small chuckle, but it dropped as quickly as it came when he realised humour could not make this situation less weird.

Oliver blinked slowly.

"Yes, yes you did," He said before sitting back in his chair.

"You're not" Duke said, his eyes were now really showing how confused he was. "You're- no."

His eyes scanned the other couple and then the angels, who were watching him with normal expressions. Why were they not finding this as strange as he was?

"Look, I know it's impossible-"

"It is" John interrupted Vinny. "Oliver you're a boy."

"Yes dad, I know that," Oliver said like he was speaking to a child.

"So why did you just tell us that you're pregnant? You know that can't happen?"

"I'm not stupid," Oliver said, but his tone was soft.

"So-"

"He is," Vinny said. He was concerned as to why his mum hadn't said anything yet.

Oliver then decided that he was going to explain everything extremely fast, they needed to know the details.

"We didn't believe it at first, but it's true. Corey is also pregnant but there are logical reasons behind it, well not really logical. But anyway, we have been given this weird opportunity to have our own children so they can be soulmates and get a really cool bond like ours and defeat demons because there will be another war."

Vinny only just caught what he said, but this is how Oliver deals with things. He explodes verbally.

Now, everyone's jaw was open as they looked at Corey.

"It's true," He said, but their raised eyebrows only got higher.

Panuleon smiled and put an arm around his shoulders. He couldn't believe he was going to be a parent and the fact that his child was conceived by just him and Corey made his chest fill with warmth.

"I don't understand," Duke said as he looked at Jed and Zachariah. "They're both boys, Why do they think that they are pregnant?"

It was understandable for them to think of any possible reason as to why it wasn't true.

"I know this is incredibly hard for you to understand. But when I tell you this, I am not lot lying" Jed said. "To form bonds that are as strong as what these couples have, needed a special power, one that can change what we once thought was impossible, like male pregnancies. But you asked why they're being brought together and singled out. That is because of their children."