Chapter 47

Today was the day.

It was almost three in the morning and the only people awake were Jed and Panuleon.

Jed was sitting just down the hall like he usually does and Panuleon was curled into Corey, watching him as he slept.

Corey's baby was due in just over a week so they weren't feeling as nervous as Vinny and Oliver. But they were very excited to meet their child as well as their own.

Just then, Corey moved ever so slightly.

Panuleon felt his back rest more against his chest while he stretched his arms.

The human would wake up often through the night. It was not comfortable sleeping with a bump that size, especially when his body doesn't understand what's happening.

They were both laying on their sides but the angels big body was protecting his soulmates, simply because he could.

Corey began to open his tired eyes.

The first thing he felt was Panuleon, leaning into him.

He lightly smiled at the warmth of his body and how safe he felt in his arms.

"It's very early" Panuleon whispered, wanting him to get more sleep.

Corey slowly rolled onto his back to reveal his angel's beautiful face.

"I know" he whispered and rubbed his eyes. "I'm just uncomfortable."

Panuleon leant down and kissed his forehead and rubbed his swollen belly.

Corey didn't like lying on his back, it was difficult to breathe. He rolled onto his side so his belly pressed up against Panuleon's.

"Try and get more sleep," Panuleon said as he lowered himself down the bed so his face was level with his.

Corey nodded and yawned sleepily which was extremely cute for the angel to see.

He then closed his eyes, getting ready to drift off once more.

Jed was twiddling his thumbs and he was now on standby. The baby could arrive at any minute and it was important for him to be alert.

It had taken Vinny a very long time to fall asleep. He was just so excited and kept waiting like it was going to happen at any second.

He knows that it could happen at any time throughout the day and it might not even happen today, the baby might be a late comer.

* * * * *

Madison and Duke sat at the dining table. it was half seven and John was making sure Oliver had all the things he needed in the first-aid room, just in case he was to go into labour today.

Since they assessed Vinny's speech, they've been treading lightly.

They hadn't talked about it or brought it up because he doesn't need to think about it, not when he has more important things to think about.

Although, it did concern them that it has gotten worse.

Just then, John re-entered the dining room after he was happy that Oliver would have everything he needed.

"All sorted?" Duke asked.

"Yeah," John said as he sat down at the table. "I can't believe how quick it has come around."

The public was ecstatic. They were already hauling up outside the mansion, eagerly waiting for any news.

"I know, it seems like only yesterday they met" Madison chuckled.