Chapter 51

The baby shower was a huge success.

Everyone loved little Rayvon and fussed over him for hours. Oliver talked to some of the family members who he hasn't seen in a very long time and it was nice for him to catch up with everyone.

Vinny stayed with him but barely said a thing. For some reason, he only needed to say one long sentence and his stutter exposes itself. He hasn't told his parents and maybe all these years without a speech therapist has taken its toll.

Maybe he needs the help again.

Oliver has noticed and did his best to speak up for Vinny, knowing he would be highly embarrassed if it showed.

Vinny's family knows about the stutter as they remember it from when he was a kid but they didn't know that it never actually went away.

But Vinny isn't a very social person anyway so it wasn't very noticeable.

A lot of people talked with Corey and Panuleon as their baby was due in just under a week.

They asked if they were having a baby shower after the birth and asked if they could be invited.

Madison leapt at the opportunity and invited everyone back for Corey and Panuleon's baby shower which they didn't actually agree to, they just went along with whatever would make her happy.

* * * * *

3 days to go until baby number two.

Corey was sitting on the couch with Panuleon. They were watching Vinny and Oliver play with Rayvon and there was something about a newborn baby that drew their attention in.

Oliver was lying on his back as the baby lay on his chest, belly down.

Vinny was sitting on the floor next to him so his head was level with Rayvon.

He seemed to find Vinny's face interesting and would stare with wide eyes for a very long time. He could see things that are about twenty to thirty centimetres in front of him so his dad's faces were extremely fascinating.

Often, he would make little noises and make random but very small movements with his limbs.

Vinny rested his chin on Oliver's chest and let his baby explore his face with those big eyes.

"I can't wait to meet our baby," Corey said as Panuleon looked down to him.

"Seeing Rayvon has made me so much more excited" He smiled.

"I'm eager to see how they react together because every time I hold Rayvon our baby kicks like he's trying to feel him."

"Well, if their bonds are destined to be stronger than our own, I have no idea what to expect when they meet before the connection is made."

"Can you imagine if it connected straight away? That would be so cute" Corey chuckled.

"It would be," Panuleon put an arm around his soulmate, feeling his warmth.

"Do you think he'll be a vampire?" Oliver asked Vinny.

"I don't know, maybe he'll be a mixture of both," He shrugged while Rayvon started squirming on Oliver's chest.

His limbs were still bunched up because he was so used to being in the womb. It'll take much longer for Rayvon to develop as he ages like his parents.

"When do you think we'll be able to tell?"

"If he's a vampire, his first teeth will be his fangs," Vinny said as he inspected Rayvon's little fingernails.