Chapter 12

Panuleon stood by the door. It was clear that there were demons on the other side.

He turned and looked down to Corey who was clinging onto the back of his t-shirt. They both felt incredibly relieved that they could now feel each other and cherish one another's comfort.

He put his arm around him and continued to listen through the door.

Vinny and Oliver were simply hugging.

They didn't know if they'd stay together when they leave this room. Would the demons catch them by surprise and separate them?

They didn't want to waste this valuable time that they had together.

"We'll get home," Vinny said quietly as he played with the back of Oliver's hair.

"I hope so," Oliver said, but Vinny pulled his head back and looked into his big green eyes.

"We will."

Oliver could then see the determination in his face and he knew his vampire would stop at nothing to get them home.

"You're so amazing."

He leant forwards and planted a long kiss onto his lips. Their hearts immediately flustered and filled with warmth.

Their bodies melted into one another and it just felt so great to be close again.

They then pulled each other into another hug.

Corey stood in front of Panuleon and pressed his ear to the door.

"How many are there?" He whispered.

"I'm not sure, maybe about ten," Panuleon said as he turned to see the other couple, lost in each others comfort.

He then turned back to his soulmate who he pulled away from the door.

"Are you ready?"

Corey nodded as he squeezed Panuleon's hands.

They both knew they had to fight, but for Corey's size, he is surprisingly a strong fighter. Panuleon had taught him well.

"Guys?" Corey questioned, making Vinny and Oliver look over. "Are you ready?"

"Yes," They said in unison before walking towards them.

"The plan is to stay close to each other. Don't let them separate us and if you have to fight dirty, then do it" Corey said, making them both nod.

Vinny felt a kick of nerves from Oliver, but they knew this is what had to happen.

Panuleon then turned back towards the door and held onto the handle.

He looked calm and relaxed, but he was an angel and positive thoughts were vibrant and passing from him to Corey, keeping them both motivated.

"1... 2... 3"

He then ripped the door open to reveal the chaos on the other side.

A Demon spun around, not expecting him to be there.

Panuleon lunged forwards and grabbed him. He smashed his head into the side of the door and knocked him out instantly.

Corey had already jumped on some guys back and Panuleon knew he could handle it, so he then grabbed the next demon.

Vinny had also knocked one out or maybe killed him, he didn't know and he didn't care.

Oliver was fighting with Vinny, he didn't feel confident enough to fight one on his own but Vinny was glad, he needed him to be right by his side.