Chapter 6

*ALL chapters from now are unedited chapters and have NOT been rewritten yet! There will be tense changes, grammar/spelling mistakes, other mistakes!*

- Sian

Scarlet had watched her brother since he came into the room. It was unusual to see him as he looked a little older, so did Oliver.

But she was nervous.

She has finally come to apologise, after hearing that they are in trouble, she wanted to help. But she was nervous because she knows she did wrong and she knows that Vinny might never forgive her.

She didn't care what Oliver thought because, in her eyes, he still isn't family.

When she made eye contact, her hairs stood on end.

Vinny looked angry.

He was angry. After all this time, she just turns up? Is she trying to look like the good Samaritan or is she here to apologise? Either way, he didn't want to find out.

"She's coming over," Oliver said as he felt his soulmate tighten his grip around him.

By now, Madison had noticed her and asked the other vampires if she could have a moment with the boys. They went off to talk to some other people as she hoped Scarlet didn't make a scene.

Vinny's cold glare was very off putting as Scarlet avoided any eye contact with Oliver.

She stopped about two feet in front of them and crossed her arms.

Madison didn't know what to say. This was her child who she hasn't seen in two thousand years. She wanted to hug her and ask what she had been up to. But she also hated her for what she did to Oliver and didn't know how to react.

"I'm sorry" Scarlet mumbled and looked down to the ground.

Seriously, that was her apology?

Vinny almost laughed in her face. She can't expect him to accept that, surely.

"Are you joking?" He asked, making her look back up.

She noticed that they both had wedding rings on and it made her feel a little sick that a human got married into her family.

"No, I'm not joking" She frowned. "What else do you want to hear?"

Vinny had noticed she was doing her best to ignore Oliver but it was him who she needed to apologise to.

"I want you to mean it," Madison said, taking Vinny's side.

But it was true. If Scarlet was going to be involved with this family again, then she had to show how sorry she actually was.

"I did mean it," Scarlet said but that wasn't very convincing.

"Look, if you're going to try, at least try hard" Vinny muttered. He was angry just looking at her.

"I'm sorry," She said again but still, it wasn't convincing.

"For gods sake Scarlet," Madison said. "Clearly you know you've done wrong so why is it so hard to say that you're sorry and mean it?"

Scarlet was becoming impatient, apologising was harder than what she thought, now that she realised she didn't truly mean it. She just wanted to be in her parent's good books again.

"Mum, can I talk to just you for a second?" She asked.

"Please, just get away from me," Vinny said blankly. He didn't care if he hurt her feelings or not. She's not family, not anymore.