Chapter 50

"Did you hear the news?" Kyran asked Scarlet as they sat in the gloomy dining-room.

Kyran's parents glanced up from their papers, waiting for her response.

"Yes, my brother's a parent" She muttered. "That baby is a freak."

"Now that is enough" Kyran's mother said. They hate Scarlet. "That baby is a relative of yours, why would you say such a thing?"

"It was produced by two males," Scarlet said with a growing glare.

"And?" Kyran's dad questioned. "Good for them. They were given an amazing opportunity and surely you're proud of your brother?"

"No" Scarlet murmured.

Kyran's parents simply shook their heads and proceeded to ignore her.

Scarlet knew they were going to the baby shower tomorrow but if she turned up, Vinny would throw a fit and kick her out.

It's not like she wanted to go, but she hated the thought of Oliver getting all that attention.

She was planning to get her revenge and as Kyran didn't worry too much about it because she has always failed in the past, he didn't care what she did.

* * * * *

Oliver had slept all night because Vinny wouldn't have it any other way.

The baby, on the other hand, was crying a little bit and wanted that close contact, feeding, and to feel the comfort of being in someone's arms.

After being in the womb for so long, he just really wanted cuddles.

Vinny didn't mind, he got enough sleep as Jed was in the room and helped the baby whenever it woke up, just to avoid it crying.

Their parents were also in the room but they slept all night.

Vinny was surprisingly more competent than what they thought he would be.

When Oliver's well-rested eyes opened, the first thing he noticed was that his bump had gone.

But it shouldn't have disappeared that fast.

Everyone who was staying in the room was awake as they were either vampires or angels, so they already noticed the change in him.

Maybe it was the power within?

"Morning" Vinny whispered as Oliver sat up.

He smiled at his vampire but looked down to his now toned belly.

"How did that happen?" He asked noticing that he didn't feel like he went through labour yesterday. "And there's no stretch marks."

"You don't look like you gave birth only twenty-four hours ago" Madison chuckled.

"I actually feel great," Oliver said while standing up and stretching. "I didn't expect to feel this way, but I'm not complaining."

And just like that, Oliver was back to his hyper, energetic and happy self.

To Vinny, he looked rather radiant and full of life.

He spotted Jed holding onto his baby and a rupture of delight spread into his bloodstream.

"Vinny, we have a baby!" He said before quickly walking over.

Jed was in love with the newborn, he loves kids, especially when they're as cute as this one.

"My little Rayvon" Oliver beamed as Jed passed him over. "Did he sleep okay?"

"Yes," Vinny smiled and came over. "Jed was a great help."