Chapter 52

Corey cried and pushed.

He was hurting, a lot.

"I can see the head," Aliyah said but to Corey, her voice was now muffled.

His little body was struggling. He was shaking and he had just broken his pelvis.

Panuleon was attempting to stay calm for him but he could feel him stressing out. There was nothing more terrifying than seeing his loved one in so much pain.

"Keep pushing!"

The outside world sounded far away and things looked like they were in slow motion.

Panuleon could feel that he was going to give up, but he couldn't.

Not yet.

"Corey?" Aliyah questioned, he wasn't pushing. "Corey, you have to push!"

Vinny stood up when Corey's eyes began to close.

"Is he going to faint?"

"Corey" Panuleon said, shaking his weak body. He couldn't hear his thoughts anymore. "You have to deliver this baby."

The human squeezed just enough for Aliyah to hold the head in her hands, but he was done.

He couldn't cope with the pain.

Panuleon suddenly tried healing him but the power within wouldn't allow it until the baby was out.

Vinny saw a lot of blood, much more than what Oliver bled when he was giving birth.

Oliver could see what was happening.

Corey was exceptionally vulnerable. His small frame couldn't cope and he was starting to lose control. He was bleeding badly, the baby was still pretty much inside him and Panuleon was beginning to panic.

He had to do something to keep his eyes open.

Zachariah and Jenny watched with worried eyes. Corey wasn't coping well at all.

Vinny ran over to help Aliyah slow down the bleeding as Oliver ran over to Corey.

He knew he shouldn't do it, but Corey had to stay awake.

He lifted his hand and slapped him hard across the cheek. It was something Panuleon would never do, even if it worked.

Corey's eyes flickered open as his eyebrows raised at the hard contact on his face.

He opened them wide like he had no idea what was going on.

Panuleon got right in his face so the only thing he could see was him.

When their eyes locked, he knew he had his attention.

"Push, now!"

The events immediately flooded Corey's mind as he pushed.

He cried out as Oliver stood back.

Panuleon pulled himself together and let Corey squeeze his arm.

"Keep going, don't give up."

Oliver's slap worked.

It brought Corey back to the present, just enough to try and deliver his baby.

He screeched in pain as the tears continued to fall but the blood continued to seep.

"What is that?" Vinny then asked as the baby was now passed its shoulders.

Aliyah could see what he was questioning but she ignored it and continued to focus on Corey and the babies health.

What Vinny could see was unusual, unique and something no angel has ever seen before.