Chapter 14

"What were they drugged with?"

"I don't know."

Jed and Zachariah stood with their arms crossed.

They made it to the boys just in time, although, they were one person short.

Corey.

They couldn't find him and simply didn't have time to look as the gas would've affected them if they stayed.

They were extremely concerned about Panuleon and how he'll feel when he wakes up.

They were a few miles away from the place where the boys had been held.

They had never been pulled that far apart before.

It has been thousands of years since they weren't right next to each other and the angels knew he would be traumatized with Corey being missing.

Jed leant down and made sure Vinny and Oliver were holding hands. It was important for them to feel one another when they came around.

"I should go back," Zachariah said. "I need to find Corey."

"It's not safe on your own. We should wait until they wake up so the boys can look after Panuleon and we can look together."

Zachariah paced on his feet. With every passing second, Corey could be getting himself into deeper trouble. He could be hurt, lost and alone.

"They could be unconscious for days. I fear for Corey's life if he's stuck in the demons hideout."

Jed chewed the inside of his lip with thought. It was not safe for Zachariah to go alone but it was not safe for Corey to be there alone either and if he could find him before Panuleon wakes up, things will become so much more relaxing for him.

"Okay," He sighed. "But please, channel your thoughts directly to me if you need help."

Zachariah nodded before pulling him into a hug.

"I will Jeduthun, stay safe," He said and stood back.

"You too."

Zachariah then shined his wings and looked up.

In a blink of an eye,

he was gone.

* * * * *

Corey was lying in the vent.

His whole body was visibly shaking as his limbs were tense and curled up around himself.

Words could not describe the amount of heartache he was experiencing. It felt like his heart was ripped apart and left to rot on the ground.

His chest felt like it had been stamped on and burnt with incredible amounts of sorrow.

His mind was scrambled and his breathing was irregular.

He couldn't control anything. He felt so sad, so sore and so alone.

Tears were flowing from his eyes as he tried his best to keep his whimpers quiet.

he was taking big gasps of air because his chest was hurting so badly.

Corey was stuck. He hadn't moved very far from when Panuleon put the cover back on, but he couldn't bring himself to go further.

He was too overcome with intense emotions.

He couldn't even hear Panuleon's thoughts, showing him that the gas had worked.

But what were the demons doing to them? Are Vinny and Oliver okay? He hoped they were still together.