Chapter 13

Panuleon wrapped his fingers around the metal door handle. He took a steady breath and opened it slowly.

Everyone watched with ready eyes, but there was nobody on the other side.

Panuleon looked up and down the corridor but it was empty. He released the breath he was holding and walked through.

Everyone followed but as soon as the last person walked passed the door, it automatically shut.

Oliver jumped and turned. He tried pushing the door back open but it was locked.

Panuleon sensed danger as him and Corey ran to the other end and tried the door handle.

It was also locked.

The boys looked around the short corridor, what was happening?

Panuleon knew the demons were planning something and if they could find a way out, they should go for it.

"There," Oliver said as he pointed to a vent.

Panuleon ran over and effortlessly pulled the cover off the wall, revealing a little whole leading to darkness.

"I don't think I'll fit," Vinny said as he looked at Oliver. He wouldn't fit either and nor would Panuleon.

Everyone then looked down to Corey.

"Really?" He asked, but he was the only one who was small enough.

Just then, before they could decide anything, unusual holes opened in the top of the walls.

Everyone looked up to see white smoke as it began to pour into the room.

Panic drained the colour from everyone's faces. Was this some sort of drug?

They all backed up against the wall. It was quickly filling the small corridor.

"Corey, get in the vent," Panuleon said.

"What no, It'll stretch past out limit," Corey said as he felt fear rush through him at the thought of leaving his soulmate.

"It might be our only chance," Panuleon said but he was already regretting it.

They had to be together but Oliver was starting to cough on the strange fumes.

They both looked at each other, knowing they didn't want to, but what other option did they have?

Corey's eyes filled with tears.

"I don't want to leave you again," He said, making his voice crack from the emotions he was trying to keep in.

"I know," Panuleon said as he wrapped his arms around him. "But you're our only hope."

He then leant down and pushed his lips to his.

The gas was becoming harder to avoid as Vinny covered his mouth and clung onto Oliver's jumper.

"Be strong, for me" Panuleon whispered.

Corey nodded as he tried his hardest to swallow the lump in his throat.

They then gave each other a look. It was a look that would implant on their eyes and fill their hearts with love and warmth.

They both then ran towards the vent as Corey climbed in.

He turned just as Panuleon picked up the cover.

"I love you," He said as he blinked back his emotions.

"I love you too," Corey said, just as Panuleon put the cover back over the vent.