Chapter 42

IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY LAST FRIDAY
IM 17
Brb gonna go cry now
-Rebekah

I went home soon after Beau and I officially broke up. I sat down on my couch, called Maddy and Casey and told them to bring as much ice cream as possible. They arrived almost immeditaly with four tubs of Ben & Jerrys.

"Dude, we are watching every single Harry Potter tonight." That was the first thing Maddy said as she walked into my house.

"Well hello to you too." I teased.

"Yeah, hi." She dismissed me with her hand.

"Let's watch Forgetting Sarah Marshall." Casey suggested. I nodded in agreement.

We all got into our comfiest clothes and put on the movie, piles of blankets on top of us. The movie started and I couldn't help but feel so grateful for Maddy and Casey. I needed a break from boys for a long time.

As the movie went on, neither of them brought up Beau. I was sure they were curious about what happened, seeing as I hadn't told them much. But they didn't ask about him thankfully. I just wanted to forget everything. But that was easier said than done.

I couldn't believe it was over. There was a part of me that wanted some kind of fairytale ending, that we would get back together and finally have that perfect relationship. Not that I expected our relationship to ever be perfect, but our kind of perfect. I just dont understand why he had to cheat on me, or lie to me that entire time.

I wondered had he cheated on me in America too. He'd probably been with some beautiful, perfect girl in England aswell. How had I not seen this coming? I mentally scolded myself. I had to stop thinking of him. It was over, we weren't getting back together and that was it. I had to move on.

I watched the movie intently, feeling myself laughing without meaning to. The girls kept smiling at me and then sneaking glances at each other. I rolled my eyes at them. I managed to eat an entire tub of Ben & Jerrys during the coarse of the movie, but I felt a lot better afterwards. I don't know why, but food was always good after a breakup.

Oh god. Beau and I were officially over. No more cheeky comments about sex, no more forehead kisses or no more late night phone calls. He wasn't going to be there to listen to me talk about how shit school had been or I wasn't going to be listening to his crazy stories about the boys.

"I think I'm going to call Beau." I told the girls during an intense part of the movie.

"What? Why?" Casey questioned.

I glanced at the TV, seeing Jason Segel kissing Mila Kunis. It was full of passion and love and I immediately felt the pain creep up on my chest again. It was suffocating, like I couldn't breath.

"I can't do this." I admitted. "We can't break up."

Maddy and Casey sat beside me, Casey wrapping her arm around me and Maddy holding my hand.

"Bailey, he cheated on you. You can do so much better than him!" Maddy said softly.

I shook my head. "No I can't. He's perfect."

"Beau is not perfect." Casey stated. "He's a complete and utter dickhead and you are not going back to him."

I buried my face in my hands. "I need him. I love him so fucking much."

"He's not worth all this pain, Bailey. You're going to find someone who's going to treat you right and isn't going to hurt you. You don't need him."

"I don't want anyone else." I told them.

"I know." Casey rubbed my back. "But that doesn't mean you have to go back to him."

I sighed. She was right. I was being an idiot. I wasn't going to go back to Beau. He broke me and I wasn't going to let him do it again. I didn't deserve this.