Chapter 12

I woke up to the sound of someone shouting and cursing.

It was only a dream. Beau hadn't said all those things. He hadn't almost kissed me then pulled away. He hadn't admitted he liked me. Everything was the way it had been before, no change. I felt both disappointed and relieved.

I stretched and yawned loudly before striding towards my window, looking out and testing the air to see what the weather was like.

It was a pretty hot day, so I decided to ask the boys and Maddy if they wanted to come to the beach with me. They'd all gladly agreed and even though I'm quite boyish, I was excited at the thought of wearing my new bikini. I done a lot of sport so I had to admit my body looked damn sexy.

I quickly tied my long hair into a high ponytail and grabbed the beach bag I had prepared. Shoving on my converse, I checked myself in the mirror. I had dark denim shorts and an off-the-shoulder white t-shirt with an anchor on the front of it. I had put my bikini on underneath. After checking my appearance, I left my house, telling my mum goodbye on the way out.

I walked down to the Brooks house. It was about a 10 minute walk from my house so I didn't mind walking. The sky was a brilliant light blue with small wisps of clouds. I walked along the pathway, taking in the fresh, warm air.

I chucked as I heard Beau's screamo voice from outside the house. He was so loud sometimes. Actually, he was loud all the time.

I walked to the front door but before I could walk in, the door was swung open and Beau banged into me.

"Fuck." I mumbled. "What is with you bumping into me all the time?"

Beau shrugged his shoulders. "You're always in my way."

I slapped his tanned arm and he gave me one of his usual heart stopping smiles. Not a minutes goes by without Beau intruding on my life somehow. I heard some commotion come from inside the house and two brown haired boys emerged, fighting over something as usual.

"You're such a dick Luke." Jai stated, frowning at his twin brother. Luke stuck out his tongue childishly. Jai rolled his eyes.

"You're only mad 'cause I ate your food. Get over it." Luke advanced towards me as Jai seemed to drop the subject.

Luke smiled at me, his plump lips reaching his cheeks. He gave me a quick wink before wrapping his muscular arms around waist. An uncomfortable silence fell around the four of us and I squirmed out of Luke's grip. He frowned at me but didn't say anything. Beau gave me an odd look, like he was trying to figure me out.

I sighed quietly but didn't say anything.

"So..." Jai said, trying to lighten the atmosphere. "Shall we get going?"

Everyone agreed and I gave Jai a thankful nod. He smiled back at me in understanding.

Beau took my bags, along with Jai's, Luke's and his own, and put them in the boot of the car. We all got in to the car. The drive to the beach was going to be pretty long, not just because it was far enough away, but because of the unusual silence and awkwardness.

Thankfully I was sitting next to Jai and Beau put on the radio. I didn't want to sit there awkwardly so I started talking to Jai.

"So Jye, when are you all going to America and England?" Jai almost seemed to light up at the mention of America. Probably because Ariana.

"In five days. I'm really excited." I gave him a half-hearted smile. Sure I was happy for the Janoskians getting so far, but they were also my best friends leaving the country. I wouldn't see them for weeks.