Chapter 7

Stop it!" I screamed out in laughter as Luke ran his hands down my side. I was extremely ticklish, and Luke knew it so he had decided on torturing me.

"Never!" He yelled, smiling widely to himself. I pushed his hands from me, throwing my head back as I kicked my legs out. I begged him but he only shook his head at my request.

"Please Luke, I'll do anything!"

"Anything?" He winked while he was still running his hands down my sides.

"Anything! Please just stop!" Luke stopped immediately and I jumped from his grasp, automatic karate mode activated. He chuckled at my actions, his laugh bringing a smile to my face.

"Okay I stopped, but now you have to do something for me." Luke wiggled his eyebrows and I could tell it was going to be something dirty.

Our playful game was interrupted when a familiar giggle and booming laugh came from the hallway. I knew Beau would eventually be at the house, because it was obviously his, but I certainly hadn't expected to hear Kaitlyn too. I turned to Luke; raising my eyebrows at him.

"Why is she here? He doesn't even like her." Luke muttered to himself, moving himself off the bed and staggering to the door, peeping out to see what Beau and Kaitlyn, his supposed 'best friend', were doing.

Luke eventually came back to me and sat beside me, his gaze on me. He tilted his head slightly, thinking of something. I furrowed my eyebrows as I looked at him.

"You okay there?" I asked him, to which he nodded. He ran a hand through his curly brown hair as he bit down on his lip ring.

We lay on the bed for a while, talking about Beau and Kaitlyn. Well honestly, we just bitched about them. He thought they were just using each other where as I thought Kaitlyn was using him. I didn't have anything against her, she was a lovely person, but something about her and Beau together sickened me.

I stared at the ceiling, my eyes scanning it, finding every flaw, every nook, every detail. That's when I realised what I did. I automatically looked for flaws in every person I met. I always found every weakness, defect, mistake and imperfection before I bothered looking for their good side. I never found a flawless person, something had to be wrong with them. I did that with Beau. I pointed out his annoying side, his stupid screamo voice that I found a little attractive, his mistakes that I never seemed to forgive. Why couldn't I just look past all that? I asked myself. Why couldn't I just love Beau, as a friend, the way he was?

It wasn't Beau that was the problem, it was me. I purposely ruined relationships because I couldn't find an imperfect person perfect to me. No one matched my standards, which were pretty damn high. I was marking myself hard to please, a challenge no man could succeed in.

If I looked past Beau's flaws, what would I find? Would that affect me?

Well for starters, Beau was extremely attractive. His green eyes, perfect jawline, those plump lips, the brown hair, everything was perfect. Beau was also incredibly funny. He could easily have me in stitches of laughter. We never ran out of things to talk about either. His bodily structure was to die for. Those abs... No words could describe how perfect they were.

Beau was also caring and compassionate. If anyone hurt me, he'd beat the shit out of them. That didn't settle well with my ex-boyfriends, let me tell you. He'd gotten a few black eyes because he wanted to hurt those who hurt me which I thought was pretty hot.

He was always there for me. If I needed anything, he'd get it for me. If I felt down, he was at my house as soon as he could get there.

Beau and I did fight a good bit, but we always made up. We constantly pranked each other. I was even winning out little back and forth prank game we done on one another.