Chapter 14 The Family argument

I struggle fruitlessly against his hold and he clamps down harder on my legs, swatting me lightly on the butt when I did not recuperate. I gasp loudly,
'This is hardly appropriate Alpha Jackson Donovan!'

My face is actually steaming with heat at my embarrassment and also at my uncontrollable urge to run my fingers through his tousled locks of hair. He walks furiously down the corridor and down the stairs, muttering to himself something or rather.

'Who does she think I am?' He grumbles out, tightly holding me against his form.

'Oh no you wait! I'll show her how she should behave' He mumbles angrily, and I ask myself again, is he meaning for me to hear him?

'I'm still here you know Alpha Jackson' I say uncomfortably. I must've irked him real bad if he is in this state.
He ignores me completely and walks even faster with more urgency and anger
'I've had enough of this bowing and looking down nonsense!'

I am still in shock as he quickly strides off through the corridor and eventually past the main entrance. My arms automatically wrap themselves around him, for fear that I may fall down smack onto the plush carpet.

'A-alpha Jackson, I- please let me down' I stutter, steam arising from my cheeks.

He ignores me and keeps muttering to himself, walking dangerously fast past the gawping onlookers. I smile apologetically with a weak smile at those nearby, although they did not seem to mind at all and were chattering excitedly with one another, chuckling loudly. I groan internally and sag further in his arms, trying to shield myself from prying eyes.

Instead of turning towards the common room- a large well furnished living area for the pack to hang out- he turns the opposite way onto a corridor that I still have yet to set foot upon. Literally. My feet are still hanging above the ground as the alpha tirelessly ploughs through the silenced hallway. His chest vibrates gently every now and then- as if supressing growls of irritation. I fidget uncomfortably yet again and he pats my backside reassuringly with hard smacks as if to say 'I warned you!'

'Alpha Donovan!' I gasp, my heart threatening to break out of it's ribcage.

He ignores me again and we finally reach our destination. I have a slight inkling that he iis somewhat enjoying manhandling me like this. He knocks arrogantly on a wooden door and I try to poke at the nearest part of him I can reach to reprimand him. Somebody could be resting in there!

As this happens, the door is flung open outwards and Alpha Jackson quickly jumps back in a defensive stance away from this weirdly dangerous door. My body is thrown backwards and I poke -of course accidentally- at his delectable backside.

He yelps and jumps up, almost banging me with the fancy chandelier that hangs low from the ceiling. I feel myself suddenly being released from his iron tight grasp and my body sliding down the alpha's taut form. I look up to see his face slacken and a blossoming blush creep up his tanned neck.

With dread building up inside of me, I turn around and find myself face to face with the entire Donovan clan who are all looking as though Christmas has come early.

There are mischievious glints in their eyes as they drag us forcibly into the room. Nancy uses a burst of speed to grab a nearby stuffed loveseat behind me and squeeze the both of us into an outright uncomfortable sitting position onto the chair. I made a sound halfway between a sqeak and yell and alpha Jackson growls in irritation, his eyes flashing with anger. I cower under his glare and drop my gaze to the ground.

There is a thick silence in the air and I could feel eyes switching between the alpha and me, like in an intense tennis match. I take a peek at Nancy and I see her nose scrunch with concentration- same as the others as I take a peek around at them too. They must be debating over kicking me out or not, judging by Colton's swift glances at me and the alphas redding face. He clutches the desk nearby to him with such force that an imprint of his hand is surely to be left there.

'I don't see the problem here' Colton finally speaks out.
'You don't see the problem?' Alpha Jackson asks incredulously.

My face burns with humiliation and fear as I keep my gaze on my interlocked fingers. Nancy gives my shoulders a squeeze and looks reproachably to the men.

'Don't talk like she's not here!' She says angrily, her eyes flashing.
I feel the men's gaze upon my huddled form and I stand up quickly, detaching myself from Nancy's constricting arms.

'I should return to my duties' I say quietly and with shaky legs, I leave the room, closing the door gently.
Distantly I hear a loud crack of broken furniture.

All evening, I was full of fear and anxiety, and as I finally trudge up the stairs to my bedroom, my mind keeps returning back to the possibility of being kicked out of the pack.

The children noticed my sudden change of mood, and although I did my best to look after them, it seemed as though they were the ones that looked after me instead. During dinner, they managed to sit me down and piled food onto my plate. Cam gave me his broccoli, with an excuse that he's 'had enough', even though we both know that he adores those 'mini trees' as he calls them. Embarrassingly, tears pricked in my eyes as I looked at the children, and they all turned into crazed mother hens. Each offered me tissues and a hug, and some even thought I had a cold and needed a blanket.
I would've started bawling my eyes out with happy tears if it had not been for Elsa who came to the rescue, asking me for help in the kitchens. I remembered her eyes shining with happiness and as I went into the confines of the sweltering cooking area, she hugged me so tight that a few of my ribs cracked slightly.

Hope u guys like the new cover!!