Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Pete and I look towards the alpha in surprise, Pete silently shaking behind me and instantly creating a large gap between us. For a pack warrior, Pete is definitely a softie. With my dress soaked in egg, I keep eye contact with the alpha even as I grab for the paper towels, not wanting to anger him further.

'It's not what you think.' Pete says, moving even further from me and almost falling in his haste as the alpha growls.

'I-I'll just leave now then.' Pete stutters, running away quickly, banging into the door in the process.
The door swings shut behind him, rattling slightly. Finally looking up from attending to my dress, I jump in surprise as I find the alpha directly in front of me.
'Pete was just joking around.' I say to him, for some reason having a need within me to explain myself to him.
Jackson scowls at me, frowning in his annoyance.
'It didn't look like joking around to me' he says, crossing his arms tightly.
For some reason beyond me, I find his jealousy heart warming and endearing. The urge to jump up into his arms threatens to overwhelm me, and I blink furiously to dispel it from my thoughts.

'Are you alright? I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you.' he says, gripping onto my elbows lightly.
I shake my head, lowering my gaze to keep from showing him my amusement at his panic.
Jackson pulls me closer to him and hugs me close, whispering in my ear that he's sorry once again. Looking up at him through my lashes, I laugh at the concern still etched upon his face. His features turns to confusion, then annoyance as he pouts with his delicious lips. One of the most feared alphas in the world is pouting at me. Pouting!!
I put a finger to his lips as he opens his mouth to perhaps voice his annoyance at me. With my heart beating loudly in my throat and my wolf undoubtedly coming alive, I place my lips against the alpha's.

Jackson's eyes widen and he places his arms around me, lifting my legs around his waist so that I am straddling him. He enthusiastically moves his lips against mine so that the sparks I had felt before multiplied. His soft and warm lips gentles their movement and his tongue pokes at my tightly closed lips. Behind my closed lids, I smile and keep my mouth closed off from his searching wet tongue. He'll have to work for it if he wants me to open up.
Jackson growls playfully at my defiance and nips at my lip. Moaning at the pain, I ravage his mouth with my own, grabbing onto his hair and yanking it away from him. He groans into my mouth and his tongue retreats from my opening in surrender. Our kiss slowly comes to an end and I finally open my eyes. Panting, the alpha and I lean our foreheads against each other, tightening our arms which connect us together.

'You are one sexy woman' he says, running a thumb over my swollen lips.
'I had you pinned for a prim-' a camera click interrupts him and we both whip our heads towards the intruder.
Nancy stands in the window, her eyes creepily big and a beaming smile upon her lips.
Jackson's grip upon me tightens as he mutters a swear word under his breath. I pat him on the shoulder and force him to look at me, 'hey, it's ok' I say to him.
'But she just ruined our moment' he growls, glaring daggers at his sister who simply winks at him and pokes her tongue at him. There seems to be a lot of tongue action going on today.
'She only ruins it if you let her ruin it' I tell him, remembering all the times that others had tried to make my life miserable. 
He kisses my forehead gently, perhaps trying to make the sadness that I know is present in my eyes go away. Another click resounds the room and Jackson growls, finally snapping as he flings himself towards the window.
Nancy squeals in shock and turns to skip away,

'You'll thank me on your promise day!' she says brightly.
In our world, we have three ceremonies which is equivalent to an engagement party and wedding. We have the promise day which is when a couple does a set of vows in front of loved ones, then the run where wolves of both partners literally have a run together, and finally we have the bonding ceremony where the couple is linked body and soul through blood sharing which opens up and strengthens the mind link between them.

Jackson looks back at me and pecks me on the lips as though it is the most natural thing in the world. Blushing, I look away from his eyes, my gaze falling to his pouty lips. I never knew kissing could feel this good.
Jackson makes a half growl and groan as he notices my gaze upon his lips. Leaning in, his lips come closer and closer- but a loud bang on the window interrupts us. Muttering under his breath, Jackson looks towards the cause of the commotion, letting a low curse as he sees his brother this time trying to look innocent but failing miserably.
I let our a chuckle, waving at Colton who is cheekily wagging his eyebrows at us. Colton is soon put to his place however as his grandma whacks him across the butt with her walking stick- or as she calls it, her whacking stick.  After disciplining her grandson, Beth looks to us with a big grin, this time wagging her own eyebrows at us. Like grandma, like grandson I guess.

Groaning, Jackson burrows his face into the crook of my neck, taking his time to take his fill of sniffing my scent. I pat his back ruefully, unable to contain my hysterical laughter. Soon, the both of us are on the ground laughing belly laughs that fill up the whole kitchen with warmth and happiness. Tired, we both finally hiccup away the last bit of laughter, wiping our tears away with the backs of our hands. Sitting up, Jackson leans back on the cupboard door and motions for me to come closer. Crawling over, I sit beside him, yelping in surprise when he pulls me into his lap.

'I can't believe my first kiss went like that.' I say, shaking my head with a smile and leaning upon Jackson's shoulder, finally relaxing. It feels so natural with him, so comfortable and exciting- judging by the rapid rate of my heartbeats.
'That was your first..?' He looks towards me, obviously gobsmacked. It's now his turn to shake his head, and tucking my head under his chin, he purrs suggestively 'you are one amazing woman.'
Flushing furiously, I hit his arm warning him to act more like a gentleman.
'I'll be your first and last kiss.' He says, whispering it into my ear as if it's a secret.

My wolf liking the idea more than every, she rolls onto her belly in my mind, purring her heart out. But my mind being a little bit smarter is thinking about Jackson's first kiss.
Snuggling further into his arms, I dispel the negative thoughts away and simply lay back on him with a content smile. It is the now that is important. Not the past. My heart is full, my wolf is more alive than ever before, and-

'Don't think I've forgotten about you and Pete' Jackson suddenly says lowly.