Chapter 5 Breakfast with the Alpha

I jump, my head bashing into the door again and the food on my plate almost spilling. I rub my forehead ruefully, turning around to face my inevitable occurence with the alpha, or rather at his feet.

'I'm sorry for surprising you' The alpha says in a low baritone.

'That's alright Alpha' I say, holding my plate close to me, trembling inside.

'Don't do that.' The alpha growls my fear tightening my stomach.

'Do what?' I ask, frowning at his muddy boots.

'Don't-' He started. But before he finishes, Rose comes barging into the kitchen with a cleanly licked plate asking for her hair to be plaited as I had promised her last night. Rose comes to a sudden stop as she sees the alpha.

'Alphaaa Jaacksoon!!' She squeals shyly, running up to him and hugging his legs. He lifts her up by the pits of her arms easily and sets her atop the counter where he motions me to come closer. I creep forward and stand behind Rose gently running my fingers through her thick hair. I start to part her hair, and swiftly braid her hair into a waterfall, continuing to make it into a side plait.

'All done now!' I say to Rose, lifting her up from the counter by her waist. She thanks me, her eyes shinning happily and hugs me. I couldn't help but kiss her on the forehead as I leaned down.

'Now go! You don't want to spend the whole day inside would you?' I ask her teasingly.

'No Miss Evelyn!' She replies, her eyes getting round in disbelief, but they return back to normal and then playfully narrows as she sees my joking expression.

She scurries out of the kitchen, yelling a thank you again and runs outside to the open air.
I chuckle at her eagerness and think- no wonder the whole pack always goes for runs whether in summer, winter, autumn or spring.
But my thoughts disappear as I heard a low cough on the edge of the room and my insides tremble again.

'Why are you so afraid of me?' Alpha Jackson grumbles.

'I-I've had bad experiences with previous alphas' I stutter nervously, fidgeting with my plain shirt. All alphas know of the nature of the other alphas as each year, they have countless meetings- especially when there are territory problems. My father was the most ruthless of them all, and he was the one that beat my wolf into submission. Alpha Jackson must have seen my eyes unfocus as he takes this opportunity to close the distance between us. So much that I could touch his chest with my nose if I inch just a little closer. I blink those memories away, but not before he lifts my chin up with two fingers to examine me even futher. I blush beet red and try to avoid looking directly into his eyes. I was expecting to see anger or hate due to my clear disrespect of zoning out while he talked, but all I saw was worry, annoyance and humour- due to my inability of stopping myself from blushing of course.

'Don't avoid looking at me like that' He grumbles gently, forcing my eyes to stare into his stormy ones.

'Why are you afraid of me and not of Colton?' He bites out, obviously angry.

'All the doctors have always been kind to me in the past alpha' I weakly reply, feeling lost in his eyes. Why do I feel so strongly with him? Even his scent makes my knees weak- something is definitely wrong with me.

'We'll have to include alphas too then don't we' He says, looking dangerous with a determined glint in his eyes. I duck my head as he realeases my chin and offers him the brunch in the kitchen for those wanting seconds. Breakfast should almost be done by now and he hasn't eaten anything yet; I apologise profusely at him missing out, taking out a chair for him to sit on. He shakes his head, his brows furrowing and tells me that it's not a problem- he did whack me in the head twice even if the second time was unintentional. My lips twitch at the sides as I try not to smile, and keep my head bowed. But suddenly, searing hot hands grips my elbows and forces me gently to plop down on the seat.

Alpha Jackson takes a seat next to me, getting his plate and passing me my half eaten breakfast. He piles his plate with everything except for the maple syrup, and instead replacing it with chocolate sauce and whipped cream that I had layed out just for him. He starts to shovel everything into his mouth, not letting anything go to waste. I find myself staring at him, entranced at the way that his muscles ripple when he brings his fork up, at the way that his jaw flexes with each bite, and mostly at the complex mystery as to why he is still slim with all the food that he consumes. But he stops, glancing at me sideways with a questioning look.

'Eat.' He commands, piling more sausages and eggs on my plate.

'I-I can't eat all of that alpha' I nervously say, taking a drink for my suddenly parched throat. His gaze softens as he says,

'I'll eat what's left of it'.

I nod, picking up my fork and slowly ingesting the food, while I stare at the Alpha, who has now returned to shovelling food inside his mouth with abandon. He looks back up, staring directly into my eyes, and I flush, bringing my gaze back down to my plate guiltily. What is it that makes him so mesmerizing?

He finally finishes what was on his plate, and wiped clean all of the other plates that were originally piled with food including my unfinished breakfast. It was a privilege for me to even have food, let alone sit next to the alpha!

'Thank you for breakfast' Alpha Jackson says huskily, getting up and stacking the plates on top of each other.

'No problem' I say quietly, trying to grab the plates that he is carrying. He evades me, twisting to the right and blocking the plates from my flinging arms.

'Leave this to me' He barks out, and I stop, lowering my head down and whispering out

'Yes Alpha.'