Chapter 32

Thanks for the cover!! Love it so much AvaVicky

Chapter 32

With out mouths agape, Jackson and I stare at his parents, blushing like small children caught stealing from the cookie jar. Looking towards his parents, Christie is beaming like mad, her eyes wide and her hands looking ready to start clapping. This, undoubtedly, must be where Nancy gets her endless enthusiasm from, and I can't help but stare in wonder at the similar cheeky glint in her eyes which Nancy had also inherited.
Henry on the other hand, is blushing furiously, and gruffly clears his throat in the doorway, tugging on Christie's interlocked hands back towards the corridor. Muttering, 'we should leave them to it' with a redder blush.

'Not yet Henny, I want to meet our baby's little mate' she says, eagerly pushing past her husband to get to us.

I wiggle uncomfortably in Jackson's hold under Christie's scrutiny, but soon freeze in shock when a certain something pokes me from behind. Jackson clamps his arms on my sides firmly, gritting out for me to stop moving or that he'll burst in his pants. That does not sound good.

We both look up in shock as Henry clears his throat uncomfortably, obviously having heard us with his extra sensitive alpha senses. And he casually lifts his wife over his shoulder just as Jackson had done to me on countless occasions, and gently closes the door behind him, purposefully not making eye contact with the either of us. Despite the wooden barrier, I can still hear Christie's squeals of protest as their footsteps eventually becomes too far away to hear. I can so relate to her. Alpha males and their cave man manners. But wiggle just a little bit, and they're ready to burst.

I sag in relief within Jackson's arms, but sighing instantaneously as I think about the impression that I must've made to his parents. No doubt they think I'm just here to 'have fun' with their son.
Burrowing my head into his chest, I let out a groan and mumble into his chest of all the negative things that his parents are probably thinking of me at the moment. Jackson lifts me up by the thighs  so that I straddle him, and lifts my chin with warm, calloused fingers.

'They're happy so long as I'm happy, and I've never been this happy nor sappy in all of my entire life.' I let out a giggle as he tries to rhyme his words and Jackson sighs with exasperation.
'I just poured my heart out to you and you're laughing at me?' he says with a mock growl in his voice.

I look at him with my best puppy dog eyes and lips, but he simply ignores it the best as he can- although his 'anger' falls every now and then to reveal his hidden amusement. I pout at him, sad that Cam's technique didn't work for me and soon found myself flat on the table with my legs swinging, and Jackson's nimble fingers getting ready to tickle me into tears.

'Please no! Not again!' I say with desperation, trying my best to get off the table, but instead swiping some of my possessions on the ground. The glass pen holder cup Jackson gave me shatters on the floor and I look up at him with shock and apology.
'Oh you're so in trouble this time!' He comes closer to me and I shriek in mock horror, my lips unable to contain my smile.

BANG
The door swings open again, and we both freeze to look at the commotion.
Christie stands between the doorway with a bat in hand, looking ready to club something with it. Her husband comes to join her as he pants  to catch up to his wife.
'I told you- pant- to stop-  interrupting them.' He says.
'Right, sorry. I thought one of you were in trouble.' She says awkwardly, her bat still in the air.
Henry grabs it from her and sends the both of us an apologetic smile.
The two of them bicker quietly with their backs to us and every now and then, the words 'danger' and 'she shrieked!' would filter out to fill the awkward space. Just as the two set out to leave however, the rest of the Donovan clan infiltrate the room, filling it with each of their unique, erratic personalities that will one day give me a heart attack. I tug desperately at Jackson's sleeve, desperately signaling for him to let me clamber off the table.
They might get the wrong idea again of what they thought we were up to just moments before. And we definitely don't need anymore of that.

'Oh look, Christie, isn't it wonderful, they're consummating their mateship! I will be getting a great grandchild!!!' Beth shrieks in delight.
'Grandma, their clothes are still on. Don't get too excited yet.' Nancy says in disappointment.
'Will everybody please get out!' Jackson growls.
'Darling, we just want to welcome Evelyn into the family.' Christie says calmly.
'And I'm sure you needed a bat for that.' he says shrewdly.

Bickering ensues, and all is loud except for Colton who has strangely remained a quiet member all through this and is now trying to sneak out the door. Frowning, I start to follow him out, but am caught within Jackson's grasp.
'I'll talk to him.' he says seriously.
Jackson starts to leave, but not before warning the rest of the family to behave.
In the female dominated family gathering, Nancy goes through my clothes, tutting when she sees something 'unacceptable' and even taking the incentive to color code as well as arrange my clothes based on style and season as she tells me later.

Beth and Christie plays 20 questions with me, asking me how many children I want to get and on my thoughts on breast feeding or powder milk. Christie even produces a bag of baby clothes out of nowhere and we start going through them. There was Jackson's first shirt, Colton's first teddy bear, and even Nancy's first headband.
Out of her Hermione's pouch, she conjures sets of photo albums which has many if not thousands of adorable and funny photos of the three cheeky buggers who fought together, cried together and were happy together. Behind my smiles and laughter, I can't help wishing desperately that I had that too and that I will hopefully belong in this family. My life will truly be complete then.

Throughout this, Henry laughs at the funny photos of his kids, often inputting his own stories and memories so that we can fully understand the reasons behind the babies crying or why they have a bra over their heads.

If this is what family is about, then sign me up.