Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Atop Jackson and I, some of the pups shift into their word forms and start licking us half to death. Jackson chuckles and lifts me up by my armpits to place me above him. Squealing in shock, I scramble my senses together even as many tongues and wagging tails hit me gently, and finally realise that the alpha is using me as a human shield.

Turning atop him, I hit his chest in annoyance, trying to free myself from the chaotic group. But Jackson does not let up his grip upon my waist, holding me down so that I'm flush up against his hard muscles- not that he needs much strength to keep me in place, as the combined mass of the children weighs down atop me. Trying to wiggle my way out of the heated mess, I soon feel something hard poking me just below my abdomen. Struggling even more to get away from the poking rod, I hear a strangle growling- almost purring noise crawl its way out of the alpha's chest. Freezing mid-wiggle, I look up at him with my mouth agape, my cheeks flushing ruby red and my body unable to stop from heating up. I can't help to stop my own gasp and moan at the delicious friction that my movement created. I have never felt like this in all my life.

'Don't start something you don't want to finish' the alpha growls lowly so that the pups don't hear. Although pups have keen senses, they are still yet to develop into the strength of those that adults possesses-especially handy when trying to make secret plans. Or having fun in the bedroom. Which is something that I really shouldn't be thinking about right now. This is how much Colton has influenced me, as you can see.

Jackson's hands sear into my waist, his hot breath blowing past my already heated cheeks. I tremble in his arms, unable to fully comprehend and handle all of these overwhelming emotions building up inside of me.
Lust, want, need. He sits up slowly and I whimper as his bulge rubs harder against me. The feelings that he arouses in me are indescribable and I can't help but experiment slightly as I wiggle discreetly. Little Jackson jumps slightly, and it is now that I realise how big he is despite being called 'little.'
Cursing lowly under his breath, he finally sits up so that I straddle his waist, and stands up much to the pups anticipation as they jump up trying to 'play' with us.
I try to slide off his waist, but his strong heated hands grasp my legs tightly so that I am unable to escape from him. I giggle as Cam's chocolate brown wolf yip in delight at the new challenge and he swipes up towards my butt.
What is up with these males and touching my butt?!

Attempting to stride away from the relentless bout of pups, alpha Jackson grunts as he tried to safely manoeuvre away from the fluffy pups, often having to jump over wagging tails or dodge incoming swipes of paws. With the combined weight of my own and at least ten pups, the alpha has to strain himself against letting his wolf take over. I can see the shift in his eyes, the flash of chocolatey brown filling his normally incredibly riveting dark eyes, and I can see the urge to morph into his wolf waiting just below the surface. He has too much control to let his other side out. Or so I thought.

'I want to see your wolf' I whisper in his ear, my own wolf weakly agreeing heartily.
Jackson's eyes widens, 'I can't- it's too dangerous for the pups and for you.'

Pursing my lips thoughtfully, I finally make up my mind, the gentle swipes of the pups' paws having no effect on me. All I can hope is that this does not backfire.

I pinch his sides brutally hard, releasing his hold on my legs, and as he tumbles to the ground, I run away from the crime scene, crossing my fingers hopefully. Sure enough, a loud growl fills the air and I find myself flying off and towards the ground, my breath whooshing out of me as Jackson's magnificent wolf stares back at me with wonder. His rough and fluffy fur shining under the sunlight and his large snout sniffing me carefully. He is scenting me. Making his wolf familiar to me so that in times of danger, his wolf knows to protect and cherish me at all cost.
This is the typical behaviour of mates, and I find my eyes glistening with unshed tears as I knew right there and then that with or without the mating bond, a part of Jackson will always take care of me.

With a few stray tears falling from the confines of my eyes, the alpha uses his snout to wipe them away, licking my cheeks as he whines pitifully. I try to turn away from his wagging tongue, giggling as he licks me even more, inflicting wet, hot and slobbery saliva upon my icky face. Gazing into his eyes once more, we both fall into a deep trance where one can simply not look away from the other. He is invoking feelings within me that has laid dormant for so long that I can hardly breathe as they are finally free from their cages. Hope, elation, love.

If he is able to accept me without knowing that I am his mate, with my status as a maid, and without my ability to shift, then that, to me is what true love is. Maybe he can get my wolf to come back. Maybe I can stop hiding us being mates and maybe, I can finally have my happy ever after.

Our connection is broken by the thundering paws upon the grass, and the many pups who jumps atop of us into the pile, thinking this to be the perfect opportunity for play. Jackson braces himself atop me with his wolf's strength, keeping me safe from being squashed by the weight.
Cupping his furry cheek my my hands, I thank him loudly, trying to hear myself over the playful yips of the children.
As I shift beneath his heated stare however, I start to become aware of the strain that my back and torso had gone under when the alpha had collided with me into the air. Wincing quietly with the pain, I let out a sharp breath as I try to get used to the bruises.

The alpha upon seeing me in pain lets out a growl which instantly silences the excited hips of the children as they scramble quickly off their angered alpha.