Blood as Cold as Ice

The Creator

It doesn't take long for the magic, the pure energy, to course through my being. And after getting adjusted to the feeling of this returned power, I make a portal. I need to go back to the original AU, I need to go back to the corruption site, I need to go back to Error.

Taking a step through the portal, a sense of contempt washes over me. I almost forgot what it felt like to be full of power. Rather than lazy with weakness or on the verge of being sick and fainting every second. With a hand over my sash full of vials, I think to myself, I never want to be powerless again.

Entering through the other side, I almost need to shade my eyes from the bright white snow. It takes only a few seconds for my eyes to adjust to the change of scenery. Once I do, I realize that I am outside the usually closed doors leading out of Toriel's home. This isn't where I pictured my portal leading.

I stand sober with confusion, a break in my drunken thoughts of power. Why would I have ended up here? I look around, and eventually my eyes make their way to the ground. With a slight tilt of the head, I realize what I see. Footprints.

And blood.

I stare down at the bright red that stands out sharply in the snow. Why would there be blood? Error doesn't bleed, and the human isn't supposed to come for at least a couple hours. The foot prints go down the path, towards the town, but eventually takes a sharp turn into the woods. He did say that he was going to check on the corrupted code in the woods.

But why the blood?

I look behind me at the open doors that act as the entry way to the dark tunnel. Then forward, at the footprints mixed with bloodied snow. I know that I need to follow Error. I need to find out who is bleeding. And if it was Error that caused this.

I jog down the path, watching as the trail of blood thickens along the stamped footprints in the snow. Worry starts to grow in my mind. What if it was the human that came down? What if they had a run in with error. I dodge trough the trees, keeping my eyes down on the ground. This could be detrimental if it was an injured human. Such a dramatic change could damage the code even more.

Reaching a clearing, right as the foot prints are ending, the path of blood stops. I take in a sharp breath as it starts to snow. Why does the trail suddenly stop? I look around, trying to see where Error could have gone off to. But there isn't a trace of him to be seen.

All except for the giant tear in the code. Numbers and letters swirl together to make a horrid mosaic of confusion. I take a step closer, mesmerized in the sheer size of the catastrophe. My breath is visible in the cloudy afternoon air.

Where could he have gone?

Anger starts to boil through me. The renewed power that I have starts to sharpen all the thoughts in my mind. I hate the fact that he is not here. The fact that he is supposed to have fixed this whole problem. The problem that I know he had caused, no one could tell me who else could have done it.

My emotions rage through me, more powerful than anything I could have dreamt of conjuring. I stand face to face in front of the corrupted code, it only inches from where I stand. I can almost feel its hot dark power. I just wish I could get rid of this..this..mistake.

But before I could do anything, my breath is pulled out of my body. Because as soon as I wished that I could get rid of this tear in the universe, a hand shoots out of it.

And wide eyed with surprise, it pulls me in.