Strings of a Different Kind

The Destroyer

He's here.

Gaster stands tall, oozing into the pitch black atmosphere of the surrounding area. He looms overtop both me and a possessed Ink. My heart feels as if it is going to beat out of my chest, my anxiety peaked.

Why this memory?

"So we meet again Error." He says, his low voice echoing through my bones. I don't know how to react. This isn't what he had said when we first met. "Why is Gaster here?" Chara asks me, the most surprised face I have ever seen Ink expresses is slapped onto their face.

"This is apparently a memory of back when Ink and I were in the Void." I explain, talking out of the side of my mouth, not letting my eyes of of the master of the dark right before me. I don't know what advantages I will get from keeping Chara informed. But I know that I can't let them get Ink hurt. Or captured by Gaster...again.

That would be wild. If Ink who is already being possessed by Chara, gets possessed by Gaster. How would that even work? "Why on Earth were you both in the Void?" Chara articulates, not wanting to take their eyes of of the looming figure as well.

"Uh, that's a long story."

"Well, you might need to catch me up to speed-" They shout as I shove them down to the ground. Gaster's hand sweeps through the empty air where we were once standing. "Yeah no kidding, just don't get caught. We need to think about how to get out of here."

I'm trying to stay level headed. But I don't have a plan. I don't even know how to get out of here. I get up, hyper aware of my surroundings. I give a hand to Chara, but they look completely out of their limit. "How will I be able to do anything? Ink doesn't have any vials and I don't know if his powers work...or how to use them."

They hold out their hand, as I try to think of a response. "Especially since I just vomited black gunk, that was new." They point out, wiping the remnants that had dropped out of their mouth from before. I thought ink had gotten his vials, I thought he was fine now.

But they also got sick as soon as Gaster appeared.

"I knew that you would come back, it was fate that brought us together." I am immediately taken back by Gaster's words, by strings drawn out around my fingers, ready for attack. "Your working with Fate!?" I exclaim, my anxiety piling up.

His grin grows a little wider. "Oh if only the cards had fallen that way..." he says, his words slurring together with the echo of the room. What could this mean? They had tried to work together? "I needed Ink for my plan, as you already know. Fate needed him for...another reason."

"Now I hold all the leverage."

"Now I hold his soul."