The Forgotten

The Destroyer

I tried to stay conscious, but this machine knocked me out the moment it was turned on. I can feel myself losing control of what memories are being brought to the surface but I force them against their will.

I see Fate next to me, through blurred vision, as we stand where it all began. It was the True Lab. Before we swapped bodies. I feel the constant loss of energy from channeling my memories. I see myself talking to Ink, trying so desperately to try to get to him. I hope that all of this will prove to Fate that-

I grab my head. It...hurts. Badly. I hear the memory starting to change, I can almost see where it is trying to go. I do everything in my will to try to stop it. Stop from showing the nightmare that has been plaguing me since we had fallen into the Void. I block, and shove it into the back of my mind. Now is not the time to relieve my fears.

I then show Fate of my time in the Void. More specifically the time fighting Ink, being controlled by Gaster. I feel my eye threatening to shut close and let the machine run whatever memories it wants to. I don't know if this machine is supposed to do that, or if there is someone on the outside trying to control what is shown to Fate. But whatever is happening, I try to fight it.

I finally am able to reach the last memory wanted to show. The one where we get back to the True Lab after we are put back into our own bodies. I see the edges of the memory start to go black. I can hear my own glitchy voice asking Ink about all of our previous ventures. And before I can finally show her how my threads aim directly for his soul...and miss, everything goes black.

I don't know if I was shaken awake, or I was already shaking when I awoke. I feel the machine being taken off of me by the assistant. My glasses being knocked askew in the process. When I am able to push them back on, I see Fate taking off her own set of wires. Why did we finish so soon?

"Fate, I wasn't even able to show you-" She cute me off in the middle of my confusion, with just a raised finger. "This is all the time I am allowing you today." I try to calm my shaking hands by clutching the arm rests of the chair. The headache that I was only thinking about, starts to come in more fiercely. I almost feel...fatigued.

"What do you mean by that?" I ask, trying to get through to her. After observing more of my surroundings, I can tell she is a little shaken up herself. Was it by Gaster? Does she know him? Did she know him? "I mean, if you still consider this a 'problem' Error, you can schedule another appointment." She says...stiffly. She promptly gets out of her chair, and then continues to perfect her already manicured hair.

"This is serious, we don't have time to 'book another appointment.'" I say with the equal level of mockery. I don't have time for this. She can't help me solve my problem, if she refuses to listen. I get up to follow her, but almost fall. Did that memory machine really almost knock out all my energy? With one hand still on the arm rest, and one reaching out to get Fate, she stops and turns around.

I try to communicate how dire this situation is, that one of her creations could be dying. But she takes my silent plead of understanding as desperation.

"Error, I don't have time for your silly dreams."

She closes the door on her way out.