The Puppet Master

The Destroyer

"I can't have him ruin all the fun." Ink says, slowly picking himself off of the floor. I didn't know that Ink knew anything about them. I didn't know that he could have helped me. Or had wanted to...

"What did you do to him?"

I ask, my voice slightly shaking. Inks head hangs down as he slowly picks himself up from all fours. Each movement jagged and uncoordinated. "Oh wouldn't you like to know?" Ink says, the words falling out of his mouth.

His head snaps up, and our eyes meet.

This isn't Ink. "Leave him alone, he has nothing to do with all of this." What I point out is true. Ink lost his memory after the multiverse timeline reset. He doesn't know that his soul is gone. He doesn't know why he was to take those vials. He doesn't understand why Fate is against the both of us. We both don't know what this Chara has to do with anything!

"Well, of course he doesn't." They point out, rolling Ink's shoulders back as to get used to being in a physical form. "But he is the one that made me." They say with a finger guns and a smile. It looks almost natural for Ink to make that expression, but never towards me.

"I'm from the corrupted AU."

The dots connect. Fate didn't just send us here to reset the universe, she wanted us to get rid of this Chara. The same Chara that has apparently has been following me for days now. But why? Why would she want us to do this?

"I already know you came here because you think the timeline can be Reset, why else would you come here?" Chara says, with Ink's voice. They sigh almost sounding bored with this whole situation, almost like they would rather be doing something else.

"But you cant."

That takes me by surprise. "What do you mean by that?" I ask, wondering if I should even trust Chara, not knowing too much about their character. "What I mean is that this isn't real." They say, crossing Ink's arms.

I don't know what she could mean by that since Fate sent us here to wipe this universe clean. "Obviously Fate doesn't have the power to Reset, she doesn't have any determination. I also know what it looks like when there is an option to Reset."

They say, a smile crawling up on their face. My breath feels like it has been sucked out of my lungs. "There isn't even a Reset button." Chara gestures around to the basically completely empty area, beginning to feel impatient having to explain everything to me.

"We are in a memory."

Why would Fate have sent me back into a memory? Why would Ink be sent with me? "Why would Fate have us sent here to 'Reset' the time line? Are you just a part of the memory?" I say, making finger quotes around the word Reset. Chara rolls their eyes. "No. I am very much real, thank you."

"As for why we were sent here, I don't really know." They shrug finishing their claim. Curiosity and confusion continues to consume my thoughts. "Then why are you here?"

"Why don't you just pull out that soul you've been keeping in your pocket?"