Foreshadowing

The Destroyer

My arm hangs limp against my side. My eyes still focused on the portal that has vanished moments ago. I can't wrap my mind around the fact that I had let him go. Go to Fate of all people. The use of energy makes me feel worn out. The only reason for being able to use my powers at all is the fact that Toriel had used her healing magic.

But just because I am healed, doesn't mean I don't feel dizzy. I catch myself on the armrest of the couch, Toriel trying to come to my aid. But as soon as I feel stable, I walk forward, closer to the door. I am grateful for her help, but I don't need it right now. I'm not the one in danger.

"Error, shouldn't you wait before leaving? You just recovered." She tries to convince me to stay. But all I can do is take another step forward. I shake my head and make my way towards the stairs, the same stairs that lead to the exit of the Ruins.

It's time for me to go. She places a hand on my shoulder, the sense of comfort seems almost foreign. "Just come back when you are finished." Her suggestion sounding more like an order. "Will do." I lie.

Her hand leaves my shoulder and I can't help but notice myself relax once she is farther away from me. But I shrug the thought off like I did her support. I walk out of the room, my mind creating theories of what will happen to Ink. But my thoughts start to go in a downward spiral as I descend the stairs.

He is actually going to see Fate. Has he even met with her before now? My fingers trace the railing as momentum takes me down the stairs quicker. But if he has...then wouldn't she know? Wouldn't she know that Ink has already lost his soul? My hand grips the railing tight, as my mind and body stops in a grinding halt.

What if she knows? What if Fate already knew about all of this? She favors Ink though. Maybe she is helping him, but didn't want to tell me about it? But why? With each question, my heart beats faster. I finally make my way to the end of the stairs, staring down the dark hallway. I shouldn't be thinking about this. I'm just 'overreacting'. But that doesn't mean I can't stop panicking about what is going to happen.

As soon as I try to calm the racing thoughts, my mind drags me down. Scenes of a nightmare I have hoped to forget start to pop up. But as soon as I try to force down the same vision I had concealed from Fate, the foggy dream almost becomes tangible. I close my eyes and try to breathe, but the cacophony of screams start to build on each other. "You have something of mine." A whisper cuts through the living nightmare.

My eyes snap open, and I see that I am not alone. But someone, no...something is here. A shadow of a figure. A ghost of a demon. Someone who I have known for weeks, but have never met. I don't know what they want, and I don't know their face. But that doesn't mean that they don't want LOVE.

Somehow the whisper feels more painful than the screams. I just want to make it stop. "I don't have anything of yours." My glitched voice echoes what I had told Ink just moments ago. And as soon as I cough out those words, the shadow appears right in front of me. Only inches away.

And all I can see are their blood red eyes.