Half Way There

The Creator

Muffled noises become my alarm clock. Opening my eyes seem to be a much harder task than I would like to admit. But that doesn't mean I'm not able to do it. It just takes me a minute. My mind tries to adjust to the talking above me, body trying to pull myself up into a sitting position.

Once I sit up against the pillows, I close my eyes again, zoning out to the monotone speaking in the background. Not having any words being directed to me makes it easier for my mind to start drifting off again. But the one thing that snaps me back to attention is Error. "I have to go check this out Toriel, I promise that I will come back for Ink when he wakes up."

Leaving? Why does he want to leave and why is he arguing about it with Toriel? "Where are you going." I croak our, my eyes open with surprise. Both heads whip to meet me, expressions matching with shock. Both for different reasons. "Are you okay Ink?" Toriel asks, coming to my side. I nod, "Why are you leaving Error?" I repeat my question, it being of top priority.

His expression crafted with both concern and irritation in one. "I have to go check the code." He says blatantly. I squint my eyes at him. "Why is that so." He is fighting my questions with open ended answers.

"There might be something wrong." He says keeping his blank expression. But I can see the worry in his eye. Why is he worried? And why is that expression something I have seen before...

"What is wrong with the code of the this universe?" I say, anger coating my words. He knows that this is the CORE universe, what makes him assume that some thing is wrong? Toriel stops either of us from continuing with our bickering. "There was some sort of earthquake just a few minutes ago, Ink. He was just going to check it out." She says, defending Error.

I don't attempt to look at him in the eyes, but instead continue with my questions. "Then why did you seem so reluctant to let him go?" I say, brining to light the fact I had heard their conversation as I was waking up. The hesitancy in all of these half answers are truly getting on my nerves. "After you had passed out the second time, I wanted you to get the help he said he could get you."

Error help me? Now I must be missing something. I turn to Error. When did he ever say that he could help me. He literally just found out about the whole thing. I don't even know what's going on. The only thing that can help this nausea right now, are the vials.

And it's been too long since I've had one. I swing my legs over onto the floor. "Error won't need to help, I'm just fine." I say, trying to sound convincing. Since I am sitting up on my own, I attempt to stand. Now I can go. As I stand on shaky legs, it is Error that continues to ask me questions.

"Ink why won't you let me help you? You aren't well off on your own right now." He tries to argue. Toriel tries to support me while I stand, but I hold back on the nice gesture. "I'll be fine. How about you go check on the code, and I'll go get something that will help me with the...um...blackouts." I suggest. Starting to feel the effects of not having the vials even stronger.

Error seems to be surprised. But there is too much confusion on both sides of the board to try to figure out why. "I will be back to hear about what you've found. Cause it seems to be that something did happen." I vaguely point out all of the broken glass on the floor.

There isn't any way for him to come with me. And there is no way for me to find out what kind of help he could provide. But...I'm not sure I can trust him right now. All he did was drag me out of a fire, it's not like he has done anything like that before.

I take a few steps forward towards the door. About to make a portal, I stop myself. I am aware of what can happen. I know what will happen if I try to do any magic right now. Maybe I could use a little of his help. "Hey Error could you open a portal for me? He nods and walks to my side. And before he can ask where, I whisper my response, cautious of Toriel's presence.

"I need to see Fate."