The Vessel

The Destroyer

We've been in the Reset area for 5 minutes. And ink hasn't stopped asking questions. "Why are we here?" "Are we really supposed to Reset this universe ?" "Will that get rid of the corruption?" "What is the DT supposed to do?" "Why did Fate bring us here?" "Why is she acting so unlike herself?"

"Ink, please shut up." I say again, trying to focus on what my mind is trying to process. We are here in a space that feels too much like the Void. Flashbacks of Gaster being around every corner fills my mind. The anxiety of being put through the situation where a multidimensional being wanted to use my body and Inks soul to take over the entire universe really puts a toll on the mind.

But it's nothing compared to what I am feeling seeing what is in front of me right now. Hidden in the darkness are the same eyes that I have been seeing for a long time. The piercing red light is the only thing that is being illuminated in the darkness.

My sudden outburst, causes Ink to finally stop complaining. But it also causes him to look straight ahead, rather than right at me. "Error, what are you looking at?" He asks, barely at a whisper. What does he mean? He doesn't see the red glowing eyes? "You have something I want." The eyes now has a voice, and it isn't something I was expecting."

"Why did you bring us here? Who are you working for?" I ask, ignoring Ink all together, he should have at least heard them speak, how could he not? But it's not the disembodied voice that responds, but Ink. "Error, who are you talking to?" Ink says, almost sounding worried. If he thinks I am just talking to thin air then he must be worried for my sanity.

"Did you not hear them?" I ask, almost about to start worrying for my sanity too. Ink, once looking straight ahead at the red eyes, now looks back at me with an expression of confusion. "Error what are you talking about?" Ink says, actually taking steps to move in front of me. I can't pull away from looking at the glowing red eyes that have been haunting me for a while now.

Ink now stands directly in front of the scarlet eyes. "Error, what is wrong?" I didn't know how tense I was until he asked. I know that these blood red eyes haven't directly done harm to us, but that doesn't mean that whenever I see them something bad doesn't happen. Because every time they appear, they keep perusing me for something that I have apparently stolen.

But how could I have taken anything from a disembodied voice? "Error, please talk to me." Ink says, starting actually sound worried. "You promise that you didn't hear anything." I ask, now trying to combat with the possibility that all of this is just in my head. Ink shakes his in response, "No, Error. No one is here. We are stuck in the literal middle of nowhere." I take a deep breath in but before I could question him any father, the eyes moved.

They moved into the head of someone just hovering over Ink's shoulder. It's a kid with a sadistic smile and a clear lack of empathy, because no I am freaking out and all they are doing is laughing. "Ink, they're right there." I mutter to him, nudging his shoulder so he could turn in the right direction. Ink looks at me with hesitation, but continues to turn around.

They had short shoulder length hair that looks as if they had cut it themselves with dull scissors. The tattered sweater that has faded stains of blood around the sleeves of the wrist. But it isn't the murderous smile that is unnerving, it's the eyes. The same scarlet blood eyes that have been following me for a long time. But now they have a body that belongs to them.

"Error, I can't see anything."