Hung Up On Strings

The Destroyer

It's been a while since I had returned to the Anti-Void. The stark white gives the new decor a eerie vibe. The new decor being all the strings I have strung up. My blackened fingers graze the blue threads as I contemplate where I went wrong.

But I couldn't really focus with all the noise. The low and muffled speaking of the voices. The disembodied words of all the residents...that live inside my head. The specific frequency of the Anti-Void amplify them, and the longer I stay here...the worse it gets.

I try to ignore the increasing buzzing in volume by continuing to stare at the strings. I don't know what really sparked the idea to hang them all up. But I needed a place to put them all. All those tears-

Can be of use.

I tip down a good hunk of string and sit down. The buzzing increasing in volume. I pick it apart to find the end. And once I do, I start rolling it into a tightly a tightly wound ball. As I do this menial task, my mind wanders again. How could Fate have known about the voices, I have only started hearing them for a few days. But they have been in my nightmares for a lot longer.

I pull out chipped knitting needles made of cracked bone attacks. They snag on the string, but they get the job done. I start out just adding as many loops onto the needles as possible. My plan is to try to make some sort of  scarf. Emphasis on try. Over the past few months I have almost perfected my squares, so now I am trying to make larger squares. Something more practical that I can use everyday. Not just a pile of lopsided squares.

I start to hear whispers amidst the murmuring of the voices. It is the sounds of all the souls.  The souls I have hung up with those threads above me. I refuse to look up and acknowledge that I can hear them. I refuse to look up and try to give an explanation of why they are here.

Why I took their souls.

It was in the AU's when they are young. Their past is always determined by Ink, because no one knows the original universe's past. Apparently that means Ink gets to go ballistic on most of the stuff up until the human falls. That also affects how Chara dies and what happens to their soul. So when I know I am going to destroy an AU...I just....take it.

I don't know why I just don't destroy them like I do all the others. Or why I don't choose someone else. Someone who is supposed to be modeled after a psychotic ghost. But I don't get to choose who they become, or who they are. I don't even know if Chara is given the chance to do good.

They could be forced to play the role, just like everyone else in this multiverse.