confessing to you | k.th | oneshot

Y/n's POV

Taehyung texted you this morning saying how he had two tickets to an art gallery. He asked you to go with him and you said yes. He said that he would pick you up around three in the afternoon to take you both there.

You and Taehyung had been friends for years and one of the many reasons that you were friends was due to your high appreciation for art. You both saw how much went into it and how beautiful it was. It was a regular thing for you both to go to art galleries together and comment on the exhibits.

It was three in the afternoon and you could hear Taehyung honk the car horn from outside. You giggled at his antics. You ran out of the front door and into his car.

"Hey, Y/n! You ready?"

"Aren't I always!"

He sped off to the gallery. You had no clue where it was but your trusted Taehying enough for him to take you there.

After what seemed like forever, you finally arrived at the gallery. The ride was surprisingly quiet. Taehyung would normally fill the silence but he didn't today. It was rather odd.

You both got out of the car and walked up to the entrance. Taehyung gave them the tickets and they let you both in.

You both walked around for a while. You would comment on the odd piece of art, talking about the message behind it and how beautiful and expressive the work was.

Although, Taehyung was oddly quiet. He'd usually be jumping for joy in an art gallery but today he was eerily silent. He had just been following you around and nodding or humming at your comments when usually he would take the lead and drag you everywhere.

You had gotten about halfway around the gallery until you had had enough. Taehyung wasn't being his usual self and you had to find out why.

"Tae?"

"Hmm?"

"What''s wrong?"

That seemed to startle him. He slowly looked up at you.

"Nothing's wrong."

"Don't play dumb with me, Tae. I know something's up so just tell me what it is. I hate seeing you like this."

"I- okay."

He grabbed your wrist and pulled you into the gallery's garden. You were slightly surprised but followed along anyway. You had to know what was wrong with him.

He pulled you into a secluded part of the garden, before he stopped. He paced back and forth for a few minuets. His arms were crossed and his eyebrows were scrunched. You reached your arm out to him and as soon as it touched his shoulder he whipped his head to face you. After that, everything just came out.

"Okay so I've been meaning to tell you this for a while but haven't had the courage to say it. I just really don't want this to go wrong because you mean so much to me and losing you over something like this isn't worth it. But the reason I asked you here today, the real reason, is to tell you that I love you, Y/n. I've loved you for years. I love your amazing personality. I love the cute way that you laugh. I love the way you get nervous around people because you actually care about them and what they think. I love that little thing you do with your hair. I love the way you daydream all the time and-"

You placed your finger over his lips and he stopped in his tracks. His mouth fell open slightly and his eyes widened. You slowly leant in to kiss him. You inched closer and closer until you were a centimeter away from his lips. Then you moved right and pulled him in for a hug. He was obviously very flustered by now, having thought that you were going to kiss him.

"You were rambling again."

"O-oh, was I? S-sorry."

"Don't be. It's one of the many things I love about you."

"Wait! You feel the same?!"

He abruptly pulled away from the hug and held your shoulders. You giggled a him.

"Of course I do, Tae. How could I not?"

You both blushed ferociously.

"Isn't there something you need to ask me now?"

"Oh yeah."

You giggled again. He nervously scratched the nape of his neck.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Of course I will."