saying "i love you" for the first time | k.th | oneshot

Second Person POV

You and Taehyung had decided to have a night in tonight. It was one of the few chances the both of you got to see each other with your careers and at this point your relationship consisted of text messages and facetime calls. You had to admit that you missed him almost all of the time and he felt the exact same about you. Not that you knew that yet though.

Y/n's POV

You and Taehyung were lying on the sofa together. You were cuddled into his side, nuzzling into his neck in search for even more comfort whilst he was scrolling through Netflix, attempting to find something the both of you hadn't seen before. He found something the both of you liked the look of and put it on.

Around half way through the film, there was a sappy, cliché love scene. You giggled at it whilst cuddling impossibly further into Taehyung. The both of you sighed wistfully at the exact same time, the only difference being that he said something afterwards.

"I love you so much." He tensed slightly in realisation of what he had just said.

Taehyung's POV

He felt so at ease with you, so calm and relaxed, that he couldn't help but let those five words out.

"I love you so much."

His body tensed up in shock and slight fear of what your reaction might be, his thought filled with worry. "𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘧 𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘰𝘰 𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘧𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵? 𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘧 𝘐 𝘮𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘶𝘱? 𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘧 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘦𝘴𝘯'𝘵 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘺? 𝘖𝘩 𝘮𝘺 𝘎𝘰𝘥 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘧 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘦𝘴𝘯'𝘵 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘺... 𝘐'𝘮 𝘴𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘢 𝘧𝘶𝘤𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘥𝘪𝘰𝘵. 𝘞𝘩𝘺 𝘥𝘪𝘥 𝘐 𝘭𝘦𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘴𝘭𝘪𝘱? 𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵'𝘴 𝘸𝘳𝘰-"

Y/n's POV

The words he spoke shocked you to the core, not in a bad way though. You had no clue that he felt exactly the same as you. You had worried about telling him that you loved him for ages but felt like it was too soon, so the fact that he felt the same was a huge relief for you.

"I love you so much too."

Taehyung's POV

Relief flooded his body faster than it ever had before. He felt an almost euphoric feeling knowing that you felt the same as him, along with a new sense of security in the relationship. He had never felt such intense feelings so quickly before with anyone and the fact you felt those same feelings ment everything to him.

Second Person POV

The both of you continued to watch the film until it was finished. Once it finished he pulled you from your position on the sofa and dragged you to the bedroom so that the both of you could cuddle together, until eventually falling asleep in one another's arms.