when he compares you to his ex | j.hs | oneshot

Y/n's POV

You had been keeping something from Hoseok for a while now and you had to admit that it was starting to take a toll on your mental health. All you felt each and every day was anxiety and you felt sick to your stomach constantly. You didn't know how he was going to react when you told him, all you knew is that it wasn't going to be nice. You had been putting off telling him for a few weeks now and you knew that you had to and that the sooner you told him the better. Reluctantly, you pulled your phone out of your pocket and sent him a message.

Texting

Hobi...
I need to talk to you about
something...

Sure!
What is it, my love?^-^

I think I'd rather tell you in
person tbh...

Okay, when and where?
I'm free almost all day today
so anytime works for me^-^

Umm...
How about 7? At my house?

Works for me!
See you then, baby^-^♡

Time Skip

You were pacing around your living room, biting your knuckles anxiously. You had been doing it for a while now, half an hour at least. You just really didn't want to have to face the reality of the situation you were in right now but you had no choice. He'd be here any minute and when he finds out he'll-

*ding dong*

Hoseok was here. You took trembling steps towards the door and shakily unlocked it, just about managing to keep your tears in. You opened the door and were greeted by a smiling, happy Hoseok. You attempted to put on a facade but inevitably failed.

"Y/n?" His face dropped, "what's wrong, darling?"

"Just come i-inside first." You stuttered.

He nodded and walked past you, into the hallway. You locked the door and turned around to face him. He cooed at your expression and pulled you into his arms, attempting to comfort you. It was those actions that caused warn tears to stream down your face, staining your cheeks a mottled peachy-red, because you knew that in a moment all of that was going to be taken away from you.

"Talk to me, baby. You can tell me. Don't worry, I won't be mad at you. I'm sure it's nothing that bad."

"P-promise?" You stared up at him with pleading eyes.

"Promise." He reassured.

"I-" You took a breath to gather yourself, "I cheated on you."

His grip loosened around you and he took a step back from you. "You what?"

"I'm so sorry. I was drunk and didn't know what I was doing and he kind of looked like you a little bit so I thought it was you and I wish it never happened I regret it so much I-"

He held up his hand to stop you, processing what he had just found out.

"You cheated on me?" He spoke with the most hurt voice you had ever heard.

"I-I d-did." You gulped.

"And you think that because you mistook him for me that it makes it any better?"

"I-Y-No."

He scoffed something to himself under his breath. You could see the tears gathering in his eyes, how much he was trying to stop them.

"God, you would have thought that I'd learnt from last time but no. You're just like her."

"N-no! I-I'm not! Please, don't say that Hobi, I'm not like her. Please. I didn't mean to."

"Funny, that's what she said too."

He lifelessly walked past you to the door and opened it. You ran and clung to his back in an attempt to stop him.

"Let me go." He shrugged you off of him and walked out of the door.

You sunk down to the floor and cried harder than you ever had before.

Hoseok's POV

Hoseok managed to get home without crying but as soon as the door closed behind him he let it all out. He couldn't believe that the same thing had happened to him again, that he had been fucked over just like last time. He thought the first time was painful but this was a hell of a lot worse. He thought he had learned not to date people like that, he thought he had finally found someone that he could be happy with. Apparently, he couldn't have been more wrong. So he took a bottle of whiskey from the back of a cupboard and began to drink. Because that was how he coped last time and old habits die hard.