finding out you're pregnant | k.nj | oneshot

Y/n's POV

You sat on the bathroom floor with your head in one hand and the other holding a pregnancy test. All you had to do was wait two more minutes and you'd know whether you were pregnant or not. Just two more minutes. When you read the box it didn't seem like too long to wait but it felt like you had been sat on the bathroom floor for a lifetime.

As the two minutes passed, more and more anxiety seemed to fill your body. You felt kind of like you were going to throw up but you couldn't tell if it was the nerves or the fact it was six in the morning and you'd been throwing up that time everyday for a week straight.

You screwed your eyes shut. You didn't know if you were ready for this. Either way it was going to be hard for you to handle the news. You really wanted kids but at the same time you knew it wasn't the right time. You took a deep breath and opened your eyes.

Your vision started to blur with tears. You really didn't know how to feel about the results that you saw. You'd never been in a situation like this before and you had no clue how to process the news. The only thing you understood was the utter relief that flooded your body when you saw that the results were positive.

Namjoon's POV

Namjoon was walking home from a long day in the studio. He preferred walking home over taking a taxi as he thought it was good to get some fresh air after a day of being cooped up in his studio, the only sign of life being his fingers typing and clicking away.

Ten Minutes Later

His studio was relatively close to the house you both shared so it didn't take him too long to get home. He slid his key in the door, turned it and walked inside.

Y/n's POV

You jumped at the sound if a door shutting downstairs. "𝘑𝘰𝘰𝘯𝘪𝘦 𝘮𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦." You left the bathroom and walked downstairs with the stick behind your back. You were slightly worried about how he was going to react. You knew he wanted kids you just didn't know if he'd be okay with having them now.

You saw Namjoon's look of confusion melt into one of endearment once he saw you. He opened his arms to give you a hug, which caused you to hang your head as you weren't ready to show him the test yet.

"Joonie, I have something I need to tell you..."

"What is it, baby?"

You giggled slightly at the irony of the nickname. You held his hand with your free one and pulled him over to the sofa. The both of you sat down and faced each other, making the situation seem oddly formal.

"I'm umm... I'm pregnant..."

His eyes opened wide in shock, before turning into half crescents.

"Seriously?! I'm gonna be a dad??!!"

"Yeah."

You smiled back at him as widely as he was and pulled the test from behind your back to show him. He gently took it from your hand and looked at it like it was the most amazing thing in the world.

"Joonie, it's just piss on a stick and you're looking at it like you love it more than me!" You exclaimed whilst giggling.

He looked up at you and cupped your face in his hands, before speaking.

"I love you and our child equally." He placed his hands on your stomach as he said it which, if you were being honest, turned you into a gooey mess. He moved his hands back up to cup your face, gave you a chaste kiss and said:

"I'm putting crab paintings all over their room."

"Namjoon, no."

"Namjoon, yes."