when you can't sleep | j.jk | oneshot

Y/n's POV

You had been laying in bed for around three hours now. You'd been tossing and turning and trying every method you could find in your mind to try and sleep but you just couldn't.

You were a writer and you had deadlines that you had to meet and, at the pace you were writing, you weren't going to be able to meet them. Then you'd have to sit and listen to your boss shouting at you about how you had to get your life together and blah blah blah. It usually ended in some sexist remark that you knew was completely wrong but had to agree with for the sake of your job.

So yeah, you had trouble sleeping a lot. As you had trouble sleeping so often, you knew that you'd have to go to the last resort to help you sleep: hot chocolate. As much as you wanted to stay cocooned in the warm duvet, you knew you'd have to move if you wanted to have any chance of sleeping.

Going against the indulgent part of your brain, you crept out of bed and downstairs, careful not to wake Jungkook up. You went into the kitchen, got the milk out of the fridge and put some in the microwave with the chocolate powder in the mug. You opened the microwave just before the 𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨 and took a sip.

You melted into the kitchen counter with relaxation. The chocolatey concoction always managed to wipe your body of all stress, relaxing you to a point almost nothing else was able to. As relaxed as you were and as much as you wanted to sleep, you figured that you might as well take advantage of the lack of sleep and do some writing.

Jungkook's POV

Jungkook woke up to a surprisingly cold bed. He had expected you to be cuddled into his side like you always were but there was no sign of you. His eyebrows knitted together in confusion, before realisation took over. Reluctant to leave the comfort of the warm bed, he pulled the duvet off of the bed and wrapped it around his shoulders, dragging it with him on his quest to find you.

Once he left your bedroom, he could hear the faint tapping of fingers typing away furiously. He sighed and walked down to your study, tripping over himself fuck knows how many times on the way down the pitch black hallway. He pusher open the door to your study to see you hunched over your desk with a cup of hot chocolate. He waddled his way over the best he could with the duvet.

Y/n's POV

You jumped at the feeling of arms and a duvet wrapping around you. You turned your head to see a sleepy Jungkook nuzzling into the side of your neck, making your heart melt into a puddle.

"Kookie? Why are you up? I thought I was quiet..."

"You were quiet, I can sense when you're not there..." His voice was still husky, having just woken up.

"I'm sorry... I couldn't sleep so I went to get some hot chocolate and... well..."

"No need to be sorry about anything, baby. Just come back to bed? Please? You need your sleep as much as I do..."

"Can't I just finish this chapter...?"

"No. Sleep. I want cuddles with my baby."

"Okay." You sighed.

"Good."

You stood out of the chair and Jungkook completely enveloped you in the duvet, backhugging you in the process. You both waddled awkwardly back to bed together, before collapsing on the bed. You snuggled into his arms and the both of you fell asleep in a matter of minutes.