running into him years after your breakup | m.yg | oneshot

Y/n's POV

You were on your way to get coffee one morning when it happened. You had just walked into the coffee shop and you stood in the queue to order. It was rather slow that morning so it didn't take long for you to get to the front of the queue. You ordered your usual and stood at the end to wait.

You could feel someones gaze upon you. You had no clue who it was but it was creeping you out a little. You decided to act like nothing was wrong and continued to wait for your coffee. About five minutes later the barista called your name to collect your coffee. You took it and went to walk out. Something stopped you in your tracks.

The person that stare belonged to was none other than Min Yoongi, your ex. The relationship really hadn't ended well and he was the last person you ever wanted to see again. You tried to act like you hadn't seen him and went to walk out of the door but a hand gently held your arm to stop you.

"Please, just let me talk for a minute. I want to explain things because I feel like you deserve and explanation."

You turned and looked at him with a stone cold expression. "Okay. One minute."

"Thank you so much." He smiled in gratitude.

He led you over to the table he was sat at and pulled a seat out for you. You sat down and placed your bag next to your feet on the floor. You looked at him expectantly.

"So, um, I'm not sure where to start really..."

"How about the beginning?"

"That would be a good place to start. Okay so I know you must be really pissed at me."

"Pissed is an understatement."

"Yeah, I guess it probably is. Well, you know how I said that I was leaving you because I found someone else and I didn't want to cheat on you?"

"Yes, I very much still remember that."

"I lied."

"What do you mean you lied?" You looked at him confused.

"I hadn't found someone else. A close family member suddenly became really sick and I wanted to say my goodbyes and stuff. So I left and told you what I did because I didn't want you to come and I knew that you'd insist on it if I told you. I know how horrible my family is to you and I didn't want you to go through that again."

"First off, that was my decision to make. Secondly, you seriously though lying, upsetting me and fucking me up, and breaking up with me was the best option?"

"Well I know now how stupid a decision it was but I was young and stupid and I didn't want you to have to suffer because of me anymore. All I seemed fo do was cause you pain. Even if it was the last thing I wanted."

You took a minute to gather yourself. "Hi, I'm Y/n. And you are...?"

He gave you an expression that screamed 'what the fuck' before realising what you were doing. "I'm Yoongi. Nice to meet you."

"It's nice to meet you too. I have to get to work now but here's my number if you ever wanna hang out sometime."

You scribbled something on a piece of paper and gave it too him, before walking out the door and to work. He glanced at the paper and smiled at what it said.

07700 900683
𝘓𝘦𝘵'𝘴 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘨𝘰𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦... :)

(A/n: please don't try and call the number. I got it from a fake number site to ensure that it doesn't belong to anyone. You'd just be wasting credit.)