confessing to you | j.jk | oneshot

Y/n's POV

You had been very M.I.A. socially lately. So, when Jungkook asked you if you wanted to come round his house to play video games, your immediate answer was 'yes'. You threw on a hoodie, a pair of leggings and some trainers and left for his house that evening.

You had both been very involved in your music lately so hadn't been able to see very much of each other. You found yourself reminiscing over him and the memories that you made together. You couldn't help but think about how much you missed seeing him and having him there for you. He always knew how to make you feel better and you could really do with that. You had been struggling with writing song lyrics, so you could do with a pick-me-up.

Eventually, you got to Jungkook's house and knocked on the door. After a minuet or so, the door flew open to reveal Jungkook standing in the doorway. His hair was a complete mess, he obviously hadn't brushed it in a while. He had bags under his eyes that completely contrasted the bright look in his eyes at the sight of you. He lunged himself forward and hugged you.

"Yyy/nnn! I missed you so much. It's been literal torture here without you. I've had to resort to making friends with my banana milk and then I have to drink my friends! Do you have any clue how stressful drinking your friends is?"

"Umm, hello? Are you okay there, Kookie?"

"No, not really. I've been a fucking mess without you."

"Well, if it's any consolation, so have I."

"But you don't look like a mess?" He pouted.

"That's because I know how to brush my hair and sleep properly."

You booped his nose and walked past him into his house. You looked over to the kitchen to find it surprisingly clean, at least he knew how to wash dishes.

"So you can look after the kitchen properly but not yourself?"

"That's not the point, Y/n. The point is that I've been keeping the kitchen tidy. Anyway, do you wanna inspect my house or play overwatch?"

You had both been playing overwatch for around an hour now and the both of you were starting to get hungry. You could push through for overwatch though. It was that moment that your stomach decided to growl, showing Jungkook just how hungry you were. He slowly tilted his head to wards you.

"Do you wanna order Chinese?"

You eagerly nodded your head at him, although he seemed nervous for some reason. He stood up and left the room to make the call.

After about half an hour, the food came. You and Jungkook sat down on the sofa and ate the food. You were happily indulging in your meal but Jungkook seemed a bit off.

"Kookie, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Perfectly fine! Why would you say that?"

"Oh, nothing. You just seemed a bit off."

"Ah, well I'm completely fine. Don't worry about me, enjoy your meal!"

"Okay~"

You brushed it off and continued eating.

You had both finished your meals and were about to eat your fortune cookies. For some reason, Jungkook stopped you from opening it. You looked up at him with puppy eyes. You loved fortune cookies so much. Why would he stop you from eating it?

"Before you open that, I need to tell you that I asked you here for a reason today. Obviously, I wanted to see you as well but I don't think I can go any longer without telling you this."

"Okay? I'm confused?"

"You'll understand when you open it."

"Okay. So can I?"

"Yeah."

You snapped the fortune cookie in half and read the printed lettering on the paper. It said 'I love you'.

"Awwww, I love you too Kookie! Why were you so nervous to tell me that?! We tell each other that all the time!"

"No, no, Y/n. I-I don't mean it t-that way..." He blushed.

"Then what way do yo-"

Realisation hit you like a bus.

"You l-love me?"

He nodded.

"Like, 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 love me?"

He nodded again.

"Y/n, will you be my girlfriend?"

You jumped across the sofa to hug him.

"Of course I will, silly! Why would I say no?!"