fighting backstage | j.hs | oneshot

Second Person POV

It had been a month. A 𝘸𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘩 since you had last seen Hoseok. If he had been on tour then it would be understandable. If they were working on a comeback it would be understandable. But 𝘯𝘰𝘯𝘦 of that had been happening. There was literally no reason for him to not be talking to you and, yet, here you were, walking to the venue for the Lotte Family Concert to talk to him about it.

You knew that it wasn't 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 the best time you could have picked to talk to him about this but he was going off to America soon and then you'd have to wait for 𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘩𝘴 to be able to talk to him about it. You outright 𝘳𝘦𝘧𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 to let your relationship slowly break down over the next few months, knowing that you could have done something, anything, to save it.

Thirty Minutes Later

You stood outside their dressing room, staring at the door. You were starting to contemplate whether confronting him about this was really worth it. You 𝘬𝘯𝘦𝘸 that it was going to end in the both of you getting upset but unless this issue was sorted then you would never be happy in the relationship. And you wanted to be happy with Hoseok, you really did, so you knocked on the door and opened it.

All of the members said hello to you in the happy and bubbly way that they always did, all of them doing the special little greetings that they always did with you.

"I hate to cut the reunion short but I really need to speak to Hobi..."

They all nodded in understanding before going back to what they were doing.

"Alone...?"

A chorus of oh's filled the room, before everyone started to leave. Hoseok smiled at you and walked over to give you a hug. You hugged him back and snuggled into his neck, missing how it felt to be wrapped in his arms.

"What did you wanna talk about, Y/n?"

"Umm... I just... I don't know, I feel..."

"Take your time, baby."

You took a deep breath, before continuing. The tears were already starting to build in your eyes and a lump forming in the back of your throat, before you'd even said anything.

"I feel like you're i-ignoring m-e..."

He pulled away from the hug and knitted his eyebrows together in concern.

"What do you mean, baby? I haven't been ignoring you!"

"When was the last time you saw m-me? Or called me? Or t-texted me?"

He stood in silence for a minute, trying to think of the last time any of that had happened.

"Exactly. You can't remember."

"I'm so sorry. I've been so busy I guess I just... forgot..."

"I don't know what's worse, being ignored or forgotten?"

"Well it's not like I meant to do it! I've been busy."

"You told me that you wouldn't be busy for the next few months, including the build up to the concert. You 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘦𝘥 me that you'd spend time with me because you're going to America. I've messaged you every day, telling you that I hope you're day's going well. I've asked you how it was, if you needed to talk about anything. All you had to do was send a quick reply so that I knew you were okay... That's all I wanted..."

"I know, I'm sorry, baby. And I know I promised you that I'd spend time with you. I just didn't think I'd be practising as much as I did leading up to the concert. And I know it might be a bad time but I actually have a surprise for you..."

He reached into his bag, pulled out a small envelope and handed it to you.

"Open it!"

You slid your fingers under the sealed paper and dragged them along until it opened. Inside were two plane tickets to America.

"H-hobi... Y-you did-n't..."

"Now we can spend the next few months together!"

You jumped into his arms, hugging the life out of him.

"You really didn't need to do this..."

"I know I didn't, but I wanted to."

He beamed at you, before pulling you into a kiss.