Epilogue

Epilogue:

 ‘Later’ turned into a couple of days, and then a week. I wasn’t trying to avoid what Garrett wanted to talk about, I just had other things to be focused on.

Like the fact that in the last week, both girls have gone to two more therapy sessions, but it doesn’t seem like they need it. Whatever was making them talk funny and hear ‘voices’ is gone. It just disappeared. There’s been no sign of it since the day I nearly walked off the roof.

Even with the help of Andrew, we still don’t have any clue what had even been happening. The only things we know, are still what the girls have told us. But that’s not very much, and it doesn’t exactly help keep one’s sanity.

But we have a theory, or at least Andrew has come up with one. But none of us want to believe it all that much.

His theory is that since the Barbies haven’t started controlling things until recently, something changed to cause that. His idea (which is something we were also able to confirm) is that the girls always liked the Barbies, but recently they have been obsessed with them. Andrew thinks it was that change that started this chain of events.

His big theory is that the girls somehow became possessed. Their obsessed with the dolls somehow opened them up to some sort of Barbie spirit. The spirits or whatever, were controlling Garrett and I because the girls were associating the dolls with acting like us.

We don’t know if the spirits were seeing the future, and just telling it to the girls, or if they were creating the future.

And for once, it’s not me who is freaking out about everything. Now it’s my parents. They don’t believe that this is all finished yet. They think that there’s still more to come and more misfortunes are going to come unto us.

So I’m still freaked out about this whole thing (the whole spirits dictating my future thing is creepy!) but I’m not worried about any more bad things happening. There is nothing more to come.

I have no reason to be worried anymore. Alice said it was all over, and she has proven that I shouldn’t doubt her. Everything she has told me so far has been the complete truth, I’m not going to start thinking she’s lying now.

“Morning Pigtails,” Garrett said softly. I looked up from the long ago soggy bowl of cereal I had been staring intently at.

“Hey,” I said with a soft smile.

“I know you said we would talk about it when you were ready, but I really-”

“Okay,” I said.

“-want to ask you and- Wait? Okay? You’re good to talk about it now?” Garrett asked skeptically.

“It’s been over a week, I think I’ve put you off long enough,” I explained.

“You don’t have to think like that, we don’t have to talk about it until you’re absolutely ready, I don’t want you thinking-”

“Garrett,” I said calmly. “Just talk, okay?”

“You sure?”

“Yes, I’m positive.”

“Okay, okay.” Garrett took a deep breath and fidgeted with his fingers nervously. He stayed silent so long I started to think he wasn’t going to say anything at all.

“Why are you dating me?” Garrett blurted out at last.

“What?” I asked.

“Why are you dating me?” he repeated, but slower this time. “The dolls, girls, spirits, whatever, were controlling everything we did in the last little bit. So are you only dating me because of all of this, or…?”