35- Fantasy World

Chapter Thirty Six:

Fantasy World:

Today didn’t go at all like I expected it to. Quinn didn’t meet me at the corner like she usual does, and she ignored all my texts. I don’t know if she had just stayed home because of the earthquake or if she was just ignoring me. So since I never met up with her, I walked all the way to school with Garrett and he carried my bag the entire time even when I told him I could handle it.

Then when I got to school, Dustin found me almost immediately. I was still with Garrett since he had followed me to my locker, and the two of them acted like they hadn’t ignored each other for a week. They acted as if nothing had happened.

In my first class, English, we had to help put the desks back into place and tidy up the room a little. It was nothing too bad, and it only took us a couple minutes. The school seemed unaffected by the earthquake. The school might just be indestructible, or it just was too far away from the epicentre to be affected much. Which makes me wonder exactly where the epicentre was; Will hadn’t felt it at whatever golf course he had been at, and the school probably hadn’t either. I had defiantly felt the earthquake, but that’s all I know.

I saw Quinn during English, but she wouldn’t talk to me. I tried to get her to tell me what was wrong, but every time she would just turn away from me. Something had happened that made her mad at me, but I didn’t know what it could be.

Garrett walked me to all of my classes, much like he had Friday, but this time instead of an awkward silence between us, there was a playful banter. He also insisted on carrying my bag every time, and nothing I did or said got him to stop.

When Garrett met me after drama, I started walking with him. I didn’t even realize we were headed towards his friends until he shyly told me that he wanted to spend lunch with me and asked if I was alright with that. I, of course, agreed because I didn’t want to spend my hour long lunch with my best friend who was mad at me for some unknown reason.

Lunch with Garrett’s friends wasn’t as bad as I always expected it to be. There was Tommy, who I didn’t talk to very often, but when we did talk it was like we were best friends; and there was Dustin who I had gotten to know over the last week or so. There were also the people I didn’t like, for example Brittany, but I just didn’t talk to her.

In science, Garrett must have convinced Beth to trade spots with him again, because he sat next to me. I don’t know when he talked to her because he never left my side, but I’m thankful he did because I had more fun with him in class than I ever did with Beth.

All day I tried to convince him to tell me what that thing he wanted to talk about was, but he was determined not to let me know. Garrett’s answers were so vague that they were freaking me out even more. I tried to convince myself that it couldn’t be anything too bad because he was finally acting normal with me, and it’s not like he could break up with me like the last time he wanted to talk, we were already broken up. But my nervousness and curiosity over ruled all my reason.

Today was just a weird day, but not because anything totally unexpected happened (like yesterday), but because it was almost as if the last week hadn’t happened. Everything had gone back to the way it was before last week.

Quinn was mad at me, and I didn’t know why and Garrett was acting like my Garrett and not the cocky School Garrett I couldn’t stand. That sure sounded like a couple of weeks ago.

I walked home alone from school. Garrett and Dustin were hanging out together for the first time since ‘the incident’. They had invited me along but I declined because I think they really just need to hang out by themselves before I intrude on it.