20- Confiscated Tape

I know it's awkward and choppy...but I didnt really know how I wanted to write it. 

Chapter Twenty (whoa):

Confiscated Tape:

“Are you sure?” Quinn asked. She was perched on the end of my bed and I was going around taking money from my different secret stashes located around my room.

“Of course. You have today off, and we haven’t done anything together in a while.”

“But what about…” she trailed off as my phone started ringing.

We both glanced at the screen and Garrett’s name was up on it. “Answer it, Bridge,” Quinn ordered me. I sighed but did as she said. Today was supposed to be our girl’s day. I had told Garrett that last night when Quinn and I made plans for today, but obviously he didn’t care.

“Hey Gare,” I said turning away from my best friend. Quinn made an effort to talk about Garrett and I being together, but it was still awkward.

“Pigtails,” Garrett whined. “Can’t you hang out with me today?”

“I didn’t get to go shopping with Quinn the other day, so we’re going now,” I told him.

“But what about me?” he asked.

“We haven’t even been dating a week and you’re already relying on me for everything. What would you do before?”

Garrett thought for a moment. “Well I would normal hang out with Dustin and the guys, or call and bug you.”

“Then call Dustin,” I told him.

“Yeah but he’s decorating for Halloween. They’re doing a haunted house or something.”

“How about you do something Halloween related with the girls?” I suggested. Halloween was tomorrow night. I had almost forgotten about it because we had gotten the kids’ costumes in September, and Halloween wasn’t a big thing at school.

“Yeah! I can watch a scary movie with them!” 

“You better be joking,” I warned him.

“You don’t know. Both of them are over here and you’re going out with your stalker friend… The only way you can find out if I do watch a scary movie with them or not is by ditching your friend and coming over,” Garrett concluded triumphantly.

“I’ll be over there later,” I said. I heard him cheer. “But after I go shopping.”

“Aw, Pigtails,” he complained.

“I will be over. Your mom invited me for dinner, remember?”

“So you’re only coming over because of my mom, and not because you want to spend time with me?”

“No. I want to spend time with you, but I just happen to be going over because of your mom.”

“You’re a mean person to argue with,” Garrett said. I could almost hear him pouting.

“Then maybe you should stop doing it,” I suggested.

Garrett huffed and then hung up on me.

“Ready to go shopping?” I asked Quinn.

She looked a little awkward just sitting on my bed, so she jumped up and nodded enthusiastically. “Okay,” I said grabbing my purse from the desk chair. “Let’s go, my mom’s giving us a ride.”

After a day of shopping with Quinn, most of which Quinn complained about the cast on her wrist preventing her from trying some things on, I went over to Garrett’s.