6- Kidnapped

Chapter Six:

Kidnapped:

I was once again doing my eating as I danced to music thing around my house after school Tuesday because Quinn was working. She had to work a lot to fund her shopping addiction. She did not know how to shop off the sales rack, everything she got, she paid retail for. And she went shopping almost every spare day she had. It would be sickening, if I wasn’t allowed to borrow her clothes.

There was a knock at the back door. I glanced at the clock, it was early still for Garrett.

“Use your key!” I screamed out too lazy to go see if it was Garrett or not. But sure enough, a second later the door swung open and Garrett strode in.

“But it’s so much more fun to make you let me in,” he said with a dramatic pout. I just rolled my eyes and offered him the bag of chips. He reached in and greedily took out a handful.

“Pig,” I said ramming my shoulder into his.

 “That would be you Miss Pigtails. I am not the one who ate what looks to be half a bag of chips myself.”

“Our sisters helped,” I muttered. Not much but still.

“Sure they did.” Garrett looked around the kitchen. I have no idea what he was looking for, more food maybe?

“Are your parents’ home yet?”

“Nah, they won't be for a while yet.”

“Oh, okay,” Garrett said before walking into the living room. I followed after him.

“That’s it? You just wanted to know if my parents were home? You could have just used the phone,” I told him. I sat on the chair opposite him so he wouldn’t steal any of my chips.

“And miss out on seeing you stuff your face? I think not!” Garrett said with a toothy grin.

“You’re just going to sit there and watch me eat?” I asked him.

“No it’s making me hungry,” Garrett said grumpily. He slouched against the back of the couch with his arms crossed over his chest. Then he bounced up again with a huge smile on his face.

“When do your parents usually get home?”

“Uh six…little after,” I said still curious as to why he was asking.

“We can drop Alice off at my house until then,” he said. I glanced at the clock. It was still only five.

“Um, why?”

“Because I am kidnapping you!” Garrett said triumphantly.

“Again, why?”

“My grandma has been going on and on about me getting a girlfriend, it’s so annoying! She even called me earlier to ask if I was on a date while I was hanging with Dustin!” That would make sense why Garrett was home so early then.

“Then why don’t you kidnap Dustin?” I pointed out. Dustin was Garrett’s best friend. He wasn’t the smartest person, or the most observant, so he never noticed mine and Garrett’s secret friendship. Even though he had caught the two of us many times when we weren’t hiding well enough.

“Because he would just tease me and make fun of me the whole time and force me to go home so that I could be tortured more.”

“And I wouldn’t?” That sure seemed like something I would do to Garrett. Sending him home and teasing him, that’s all I do.

Garrett stuck his tongue out at me. Oh, so mature. “You’re nicer than him, you wouldn’t make me go home when I am begging for your help.” He put on his puppy dog face. And on him it was very affective. He had those adorable big eyes, so when he did the puppy dog face, his eyes took up like half of his face.