3- Forgotten Goggles

Pic of Garrett on the side. I based what his characted looked like after that guy --> because I was watching a show with him at the same time I started writing this.

Chapter Three:

Forgotten Goggles:

A banging on the back door interrupted my picture sorting. I had finally gotten around to transferring all the files on my memory card to my computer. I always brought my camera with me everywhere, so it was a pain to have the memory card full.

I dropped my laptop onto the couch next to me and went to answer the door. I already had a feeling of who it was.

“You have a key you know,” I said crossing my arms over my chest.

“Yeah but this way is more fun,” Garrett said smiling widely. I rarely ever saw that smile at school. It was only at home that he let it come out.

I rolled my eyes at him. He just had to interrupt my picture sorting. He always teased me about my picture taking obsession. I wasn’t serious about it, but I liked that I was able to capture memories and emotions with a single click. I only had a small digital camera so I couldn’t really be serious about it.

“So what are you and Al up to?” Garrett asked casually. He pushed past me to let himself into the house. I sighed and closed the door behind him.

“Well, right now she’s-”

“Playing with her Barbies,” Garrett finished for me. That was a typical thing for Alice to be doing. I don’t know why he bothered asking.

Garrett was now on my laptop looking through my new pictures.

“I was just finishing up my pictures and then I was going to do my homework,” I told him. I sat next to him on the couch. I didn’t really care that he was on my laptop, I knew where he lived if he broke it.

“You’re such a goodie two shoes,” Garrett teased with another smile. “School isn’t until tomorrow morning, do it then.”

“No thanks. I’m not that bad of a procrastinator. I’m getting my beauty sleep tomorrow morning,” I told him. I leaned back into the couch and laced my fingers behind my head.

“You’re gonna need lots of that if your aiming for beautiful,” Garrett teased. That earned him a smack on the head for the pillow next to me.

“Aw, Gare, you know you love me,” I said in a sweet voice.

He smirked. “Sure I do.”

“So why are you here?” I said bumping my shoulder against his.

“Oh yeah that,” Garrett said looking up from the laptop. “Did you want to come swimming with us? Mum told me to get the kids out of the house because they are driving her and my grandma crazy.”

If I went swimming with him, I would never get my homework done. And I had that project due tomorrow…

“Take Alice if you want. I’m going to stay here,” I told him.

“Pigtails, you’re no fun,” Garrett said with a pout. “You’re gonna let me go to the pool with three kids by myself?”

“Yeah,” I said shooting him an innocent smile.

He pouted for another moment before stopping. “Fine. Tell Alice to be over in half an hour all ready to go.”

“I’ll go tell her,” I said. I left him on the couch. My house was pretty much his. I was only ever at his house when he wasn’t home, but he seemed to always be at mine whether I was home or not.