51- The Mysterious 'It'

Chapter Fifty- One:

The Mysterious 'It':

Saturday morning when I woke up, I was still just as tired as I had been when I went to bed the night before. I hadn’t slept through the whole night since the day when the girls told me that something would happen that would end very seriously for me.

My parents were very optimistic about me. I had told them what was going on, so they knew why I was all jumpy lately, but they thought that since nothing had happened in five days, that it was all over now. At least for me it was.

But I didn’t think so. I was still going by my logic that the bad things just keep piling up until they all spill over at once. My logic totally backed up the girls’ story about how the next thing was going to be really bad.

Garrett has been super paranoid the last couple of days. He’s gone into crazy protective mode. I’m not really allowed to do anything without him knowing about it first. And not only does he have to know about it, but he has to be with me at all times.

Most girls would be flattered if their boyfriend wanted to spend every waking moment with them. But not me.

I am flattered, but I’m more annoyed than anything else. I mean, if I even try to go the bathroom without telling him first, Garrett freaks out.

And he has completely taken control over how I spend my time. Every minute of my life has to be approved by him, and if he doesn’t like it, he will make me do something else.

Every morning I have to wait for him before I leave for school. Since we started dating, that’s not any different. But on Friday he was late, so I went over to his house, and he flipped out on me. Apparently I can’t even venture across the street without someone (preferably him) by my side.

And at school, I have to text him every time I get to class, just so he knows I haven’t been kidnapped in the five minute chaos of the hallways. In his perfect world he would be walking me to all of my classes, but our schedules don’t allow time for him to do that.

At lunch I have to hang out with him and his friends. I didn’t want to since lunch was the only time I spent with Quinn, but he just invited her too so I had no reason to say no. Quinn doesn’t understand why I’m so against it, she loves hanging out with all of Garrett’s friends. I usually wouldn’t mind it, but since it’s not my choice, it’s something I’m being forced to do, I hate it.

After school, since Garrett has basketball practice most days, I’m being forced to wait in the library for him. He walks me there after my last class, and then comes and gets me when practice is over. With Quinn working most days, he doesn’t want me walking home alone.

Then when we get home, he stays with me until my parents are home, even if it means he’s late for dinner.

Any of these things, under normal circumstances, I probably wouldn’t mind doing every once in a while. But since Garrett acts like he knows what’s best for me, and just kind of commands me to do things, I’m not all that happy to be doing any of them.

It is cute that Garrett cares about me so much to go to such precautions, but it’s way too much.

My phone vibrated softly on the bed next to me. I didn’t even have to look at the screen to know it was a good morning text from Garrett. That and the goodnight text I got every night were the reasons I had taken to keeping my phone on my bed at night.

Good morning :)’ Garrett’s text greeted me. I did what any other girl would do, I smiled.

Morning’ I texted back. I didn’t bother with a more interesting text because I knew he would just text back, and the good morning/goodnight texts were a way for Garrett to check up on me.