17- Marshmallow Filled Memories

This was one of my favourites to write!! It took me probably half an hour.

And this is dedicated to my friend wackytapper because we played Monopoly the other day and that inspired me for the beginning part. 

Chapter Seventeen:

Marshmallow Filled Memories:

“I swear, if one more person asks about my wrist I am so smacking them,” Quinn vowed as we walked home. The Daycare gave her the day off because of her new injury. But they would probably call her back sometime during the weekend.

“They’re just concerned,” I told her. “That’s a good thing.”

“But it’s so freaking annoying!” she complained.

“It’ll be gone by Monday,” I promised her. All day people had been coming up and asking her about her new cast. I’m happy I made Garrett spend lunch with his friends again because with all those people coming up, someone would have for sure needed to ask about us.

“It better be,” she muttered. “Hey, where’s your shadow?”

I shrugged. “Said something about Dustin and left,” I said. I didn’t really mind. It wasn’t like I wanted Garrett to give up everything to spend more time with me, I still wanted him to hang out with his friends. And besides, Quinn was coming over today and I know Garrett would show up eventually.

“And you don’t care?” Quinn asked.

“Nah, I’m not going to get mad at him for hanging out with his friends,” I said.

“You’re a saint,” Quinn said.

I just shook my head. I walked up the path to Garrett’s and let myself in. “I’m just grabbing Alice, you’re welcome to come in or you can take the keys and go over to my house.”

Unsurprisingly, Quinn followed me.

“Hello!” I called as I stepped in.

“Ah, Bridget, honey,” Ashley said coming over to me from the living room where she had been watching TV.

She hugged me and then she noticed Quinn. “Hello Quinn,” Ashley greeted. She knew Quinn from years of volunteering at school events and the many times Quinn had been with me when I came to pick up Alice.

“Hi,” Quinn said with a polite smile.

“You must come over for dinner or something sometime,” Ashley told me. “I want to see you and Garrett together, your mom says you’re just adorable. Girls! Bridget’s here!” she called up the stairs.

“Well, um, we’re not that different,” I muttered.

Ashley smiled at me. “How about Sunday? William will be home then also,” she said.

“That sounds great,” I replied. Ashley’s cooking was awesome, I defiantly wouldn’t mind the food, it was just the questions and watching I was worried about.

“Bridgey!” Alice called. A moment later both her and Maddy were wrapped around my waist.

“Hey girls,” I said patting the tops of both their heads. “You want to come to our house?” I know I had to ask them today because sometimes they didn’t like coming when Quinn was over.

“Yeah!” Alice cheered.

“We want to play with the hospital set,” Maddy elaborated.

“Ah, then come on,” I told them.

“Where’s Garrett?” Ashley asked. “I was sure he would be with you.”

“I think he’s with his friends right now,” I said with a shrug. Ashley pursed her lips but didn’t say anything. Why were people having such a hard time understanding the fact that just because we were an item, Garrett and I did not need to spend every waking minute with each other?