16- Accidents Happen

It's very random but I promise it will make sense. And I didnt know how to end it, so sorry about that. :D

Chapter Sixteen:

Accidents Happen:

“Hello girlfriend’s mom. Hello girlfriend’s sister. Hello girlfriend’s dad,” Garrett said the next morning. He had just let himself into my house and I was now collecting the last of my things so we could leave.

Garrett was all smiles. He couldn’t stop saying the word ‘girlfriend’ and every time I passed him, he would reach out and place his hand in the middle of my back, or let his fingers brush mine.

“Good morning Garrett,” Dad said with a pointed look at the hand Garrett currently had on my back. Garrett smiled widely and just wrapped both arms around my waist in a hug. I turned my head and kissed the underside of his jaw.

“Oh shush honey,” Mom said pecking Dad on the cheek. “They’re adorable.”

Dad sighed and went back to packaging up his lunch. I guess he couldn’t be too mad that my boyfriend was Garrett; Dad did already know his parents and what he was like, and he already trusted Garrett.

I put the glass of orange juice I had been drinking down on the counter behind me, and hugged Garrett back.

“Why are you hugging?” Alice asked. I smiled at the milk moustache she had going on.

“Because it feels really good,” Garrett said, squeezing me tighter and kissing my cheek.

“Can I have a hug?” my sister asked with a pout.

I detangled myself from Garrett and walked over to Alice. “Of course Cutie.” I gave her a hug and tickled her sides. She giggled into my ear.

“Come on girlfriend, we have to leave for school,” Garrett prompted his hand back at the small of my back.

“Okay boyfriend,” I said. Garrett’s face lit up in another huge smile.

We both grabbed our bags and waved goodbye to my family. I had barely locked the door, before Garrett was taking my hand and leading me down the path to the road.

“Someone’s eager,” I commented.

“I just want to kiss you somewhere our parents won't be watching,” he admitted with a shrug.

“You didn’t seem to have a problem with it before,” I pointed out. Both of our first kisses had been in places our parents could see, and this morning Garrett did give me a quick peck as soon as he entered.

“That’s not the point,” Garrett grumbled.

I smiled. After a couple more moments, we were at the end of the street and Garrett pulled me to a stop.

“Good enough,” he whispered before bending down so I could kiss him.

It felt so surreal kissing him. I mean this was Garrett-freaking-Connors and I was kissing him. This was the guy my best friend had been obsessed with for years. This was the guy that was the best big brother Maddy and Kyle could ask for. This was the guy that I had rejected only yesterday.

But yet I was kissing him. And it felt perfectly normal like it was something we did lots of, it felt right, it felt just plain good.

“Gare, Quinn’s waiting for me,” I whispered when we broke apart. Garrett shook his head, sighed, and then put his forehead to mine.

“Can’t you just ditch her?” he asked hopefully.

I rolled my eyes and started to drag Garrett down the street, towards both school and Quinn.