21- Mismatching Costumes

Dedicated to Shyenne for just being an awesome fan. Thank you so much!

And this is part one to the chapter, it was long. 

Chapter Twenty One:

Mismatching Costumes:

“Trick or treat!” Garrett hollered from the doorway. I glanced over at him and smiled. He had a big goofy grin on his face as he leaned against the doorframe of my bedroom door. He was wearing a poofy white shirt, jeans and he was holding a parrot.

“Where’s the eye-patch?” I teased. Garrett walked towards me and wrapped his arms around my torso from behind.

“Eye-patch? Why would I need one? I’m a bird whisperer,” Garrett said giving me a confused look.

“You’re a…what?” I asked turning my head to see him better.

Garrett chuckled. “I’m kidding Pigtails. The eye-patch is in my pocket.” I rolled my eyes and cupped the side of his face in my hand and kissed his jaw.

“And what are you supposed to be, my gorgeous girlfriend?” Garrett asked stepping back to appraise my outfit. I couldn’t help but blush. I wasn’t used to his scrutiny or him throwing out compliments so casually.

“The Queen of Hearts,” I said giving him a little twirl. I was wearing a red and black dress that fell just to my knees. The skirt poofed up and there was a thick white band where the skirt met the bodice with a large heart right at the front. There was another small white heart right at the top of the dress as well. I was also wearing black leggings and a headband.

“You look cute,” Garrett commented after he had taken in my outfit. I was about to thank him when he placed his hands on my hips and brought me close to him. “And you’re defiantly the queen of mine,” he said quietly before giving me a kiss.

It took a moment for his words to register and when they did I pulled away from him to hide my blush and grabbed my phone from the charger, which I had come up to grab. I also grabbed my black sweater from where I had thrown it over my desk chair.

“Um, we should go to school,” I said lamely. I turned around to leave, and also happened to face Garrett.

“Aw, you’re embarrassed,” Garrett cooed pulling me into a hug again, kissing my forehead quickly as he did so. “You’re adorable!”

I smiled at him and didn’t bother to hide my blush anymore. “Come on Gare,” I said taking his hand and turning so I was walking backwards and leading him.

“Are you embarrassed about being embarrassed?” Garrett asked. I decided I was going to ignore him until he stopped making fun of me, which he did all the way down the stairs. 

“Bridgey!” Alice called once I entered the kitchen to pick up my school bag from where I had left it at the table. Garrett followed behind me and sat down across from Alice.

“Cutie!” I mocked.

“I don’t think I put this on right,” Alice said. She frowned down at her costume and then back at me.

She was wearing the most adorable cave girl costume, but she had the straps all twisted at the top. The dress was a halter style, but it also had clear straps just in case and Alice had twisted all four of the straps together.

“Daddy tried to fix it but I don’t think it worked,” Alice told me. I looked up at my Dad and smirked.

“A simple costume, beat you?” I teased.

“It’s more complicated than it looks,” he defended. He crossed his arms over his chest as best he could while holding a mug filled with coffee.