37- Similar Problems

Sorry this might seem a little repetitive! But trust me, this chapter is important! And the paranormal stuff will start picking up soon! I promise! Just hang on a little longer!

Chapter Thirty Seven:

Similar Problems:

I didn't see Quinn again that day. I hung out with Garrett, Dustin and their friends again at lunch. We had walked past Beth's table, and Quinn was there, but when I called out to her she didn't acknowledge me. She just flipped her hair over her shoulder and carried on talking to Karen.

I never saw her around except for that moment. I didn't go up and talk to her because not only was it clear that she didn't want to talk to me, but my confidence was shot when she so blatantly ignored me.

I texted her apologies all day. Whenever I had a free moment I was texting her; I never got a response.  

All day Garrett kept telling me that I had nothing to apologize for. He kept saying that I had done what any normal person would do and Quinn had twisted the truth so that I was the one who felt bad. He kept telling me to stop apologizing and to let Quinn come to me. I wouldn't listen to him though. His logic made no sense to me. My brain was only able to comprehend one thing, I had to get my best friend back.

"Come on Pigtails," Garrett said with a tired sigh. He tugged on my hand but I stayed rooted to the spot. It was after school and I was waiting around to see if I could find Quinn in the quickly dispersing crowd of students.

"No I have to talk to her," I said robotically.

"She's probably already left," Garrett said softly, not releasing my hand from his grasp.

I lowered my eyes to the ground and mumbled, "probably."

"Come on, let's get home," Garrett said.

"Okay," I said. I dropped his hand and started crutching away from him.

"Hey, where you going?" Garrett said. I stopped and looked back at him in confusion.

"Uh, you're house, I kinda live there," I said.

"I mean, you're not even going to wait for me?" he questioned.

My eyebrows came together in confusion. "But what about your friends?"

"They left a long time ago. And besides I want to hang out with you today. I hung out with Dustin yesterday like you forced me to, and now I want to spend some time with you," Garrett said with an indifferent shrug.

"Oh, okay," I said.

Garrett shook his head at me and pushed himself away from the locker he had been leaning against and walked towards me.

"It's a good thing Dustin already left," Garrett said as we walked towards the doors.

"What?" I asked.

"Well last time you were out of it, you ran off and kissed him," Garrett said with a shrug.

I gasped. It was strange that Garrett was bringing that up so casually. I thought he would never talk about it again. Maybe I could get him to explain all of his mood swings last week.

"I'm not that out of it," I defended. "And you would be a bit lost to if you just had a huge fight with your best friend and lost them."

"I have, last week," Garrett said shooting me a smirk.

My jaw literally dropped. He was talking about it like it didn't bother him anymore. It had been exactly one week since that day, and Garrett was already joking about it. Was that normal?