Chapter 14

Three months; that's how long it took my mom to wake up from her coma.  Three months of not knowing if she could be okay, and three months of constant fear.  I stayed in the hospital for the first month, but then Hope, Kyle's mom, told me I needed somewhere to stay.  Apparently it wasn't good to 'keep my mind on my problems twenty four seven.'

So, I moved into Kyle's house.  I stayed in their spare bedroom.  During those three months, I didn't really do much.  I was too depressed and worried about my mom to get out of the house and do something fun.  Don't get me wrong, I kept up with my school, and it's not like I wanted to be locked up, but I never felt like doing anything else.

When my mom woke up though, she didn't remember anything.  She couldn't remember who she was or what she was doing in a hospital.  That's when they found the head damage.  She had fallen and hit her head when she got into the bathtub - where she was the day I found her.

The doctors told me not to worry though, because they were almost certain they could get her memory back.  But, she couldn't come home for a while.  She had lost to much muscle mass during the three months, plus they weren't sure she was stable yet.

Everything was starting to take a tole on me, so I let it out through singing.  The boys had kept working on me after my 'intervention' and I was pretty comfortable singing around them after three months.  Actually, I was even able to sing in front of Hope.  She loved my voice, she said it was beautiful.

I still had my doubts, but I was starting to think maybe everyone was telling the truth.

The Vincent situation wasn't any better, either.  No one had seen him in three months, and I was starting to get really worried.  The rumors were that his mom had decided to move to LA.  But he would tell me, right?  He would let me know if he was moving.  Then again, who was I kidding?  We were'nt a couple, he didn't need to tell me anything.

One morning, I woke up to all the boys jumping on my bed.  I screamed, hitting the nearest one.

"You are all jerks!" I yelled, slapping Tristan.  He smirked at me, sticking out his tongue.  Rolling my eyes I jumped from my bed, running into the bathroom before someone could tackle me.  The boys were like my brothers, and I knew they wouldn't hesitate to take me down.

As I locked the door I could hear giggles coming through the wall.  I knew what was going to happen, it was nothing new.  Sighing, I grabbed a wash bucket from under the sink and started to fill it up with water from the sink.  Then I took the extra bottle of soap and put almost the whole thing in the tub, allowing the water to become bubbly.

The room had fallen silent, and I knew they were waiting for the shower to turn on.  Grabbing the bucket of soapy water, and almost dropping it, I turned on the shower and climbed inside, fully clothed.  I stepped out of the way of falling water and waited, already hearing the little picking sounds.

Two seconds later the door burst open, and I pushed back the shower curtain, throwing the water on the boys and then chucking the bucket at them.  Kyle was the wettest, looking like a little soaked puppy.

"Do you need something?" I asked, crossing my arms.  I had learned the hard way that the boys liked to scare me.  The first night I had stayed at Kyle's house they had broken into the bathroom and showered me with ice water.

The boys blinked at me a few times, not having anything to say.  Honestly, they didn't think I was stupid, did they?  No, wait, don't answer that.

"Out!" I said, shewing them so I could actually take a shower.  Grumbling, they made their way out of the room, which I slammed closed and locked.  They wouldn't try again, at least not in the same day.  I stripped from my clothes, taking as quick of a shower as possible.