Chapter 7

Vincent picked me up twenty minutes late, and I had all but frozen to death while waiting.  When he pulled up in his black mustang, I angrily stomped over and got in, slamming the door behind me.

"Dang, someone has an attitude,"  He muttered, throwing the car in reverse and backing out of my drive way.

"Well I wouldn't if someone wasn't late picking me up,"  I snapped back, turning his heater up full blast.  He immediately turned it back down, giving me a glare.

"Okay, rule one, touch nothing in my car."  He said in a deadly voice, making goose bumps pop up on my skin.  If this boy didn't intimidate me so much, I would yell at him.

"What about the chair?"  I taunted, crossing my arms and looking straight ahead.  If I looked at him, I might explode.

"You can touch that,"  He gritted his teeth, ripping the steering wheel harder.

"And the air?"  I knew I was pushing it, seeing as he was taking me to the fair and all, but I couldn't help it.  He just knew how to push my buttons.  But at the same time,  couldn't help but like him.  Without warning, he jerked the steering wheel and we swerved roughly into an empty school parking lot.

"God, Serenity, what's your problem?!"  He yelled, throwing his hands in the air, "I'm trying to be nice to you by taking you to the dumb fair, but all you're doing is aggravating me!"

"Me?!"  I yelled back, my anger flaring, "Me?!  You're the one who was twenty minutes late, you're the one who told me not to touch anything, what do yo expect?!"

"Do you bitch about everything?"

"Are you always an asshole?!"

We both glared at each other, breathing heavily from our anger.  After about a minute of intense glaring, his lips started to twitch.  Did he find this humorous?  Was it funny?  We were fighting...Over nothing.

Suddenly, I burst out laughing.  So did Vincent.  We were acting like two year olds!

"I...Can't...Believe..."  I gasped in between laughter.

"I...Know..." Vincent laughed, having just a much trouble breathing as I was having.  After quite a while, we sobered up and just stared at each other.

"I'm sorry," I finally sighed, knowing I had been in the wrong. "I was being a bitch."

"Nah, I'm sorry for calling you that, I was just angry.  You're actually really sweet."  He smiled, his eyes twinkling.  And there were those damn butterflies again.

I coughed. "We should get going if we want to get to the fair,"  He shook his head, glancing at the clock.  We had waisted thirty minutes in the parking lot, and it was one forty five.

"Yeah..."  He trailed off, pulling out slowly.  The rest of the ride was silent, until we pulled into another parking lot and the whole thing came into view.  There were games, mini roller coasters, lots of booths, and a petting zoo.  Well, that's just what I could see from the parking lot.

"Oh my god,"  I squeaked, leaning forward in my seat for a better look. "Oh my god!"

"You sound like you've never been to a fair before.." Vincent muttered, parking the car and getting out.  I followed him.

"Well, not sense I was five...And I don't remember much." I admitted.

"Wow, you were deprived as a child."  We walked up to the ticket booth, where the guy asked us how many tickets we wanted. "Two for the fair, and fifty for the games.  Just to start with."

"That'll be fifty dollars,"  The guy said.  Holy crap that's a lot of money!  I started digging through my pockets to get money, but before I could Vincent handed the guy a fifty dollar bill.