Chapter 28

For a second, I was quite stunned. Being kissed by Kyle was the last thing I imagined happening. But, when the shock cleared, I realized what what happening.

Kyle was kissing me!

Slowly, I responded. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling myself closer so our cheats were touching. He smiled against my lips, placing his hands around my waist. Butterflies erupted in my stomach, I was on top of the world. Oh my god, this was the best feeling ever. When he finally pulled away, I was smiling like an idiot.

"She told you, didn't she?" Normally, I would've been upset. Hope spilled my secret. But, considering how it turned out, I couldn't really complain.

He nodded, "Someone has a crush, huh?" He teased. Oh god, I had a feeling I would never hear the end of this! I blushed, dipping my head.

"You're the one who kissed me." I pointed out, giving him a smirk. He rolled his eyes, trying to play it cool, but the tips of his ears turned pick. Aw, how cute!

"You could've told me, you know." Kyle whispered. That made me blush harder. Obviously he didn't understand girls at all.

"No I couldn't," I muttered, looking deep into his eyes. His beautiful, blue, shining eyes. "You could've told me."

He shook his head, "I thought you liked Vincent...And he liked you. I'm breaking the bro code." I laughed, giving him a strange look.

"Did you really just say bro code?" I laughed harder, finally pulling out of Kyle's grasp. He nodded, stuck his tongue out at me. "So...."

"So..." Kyle trailed off, shoving his hands in his pockets. I leaned again the wooden fence again, grabbing an elbow. Wow, awkward silence. Great. "Come with me." Kyle suddenly said, grabbing my wrist.

"Where are we going?" I asked. He didn't respond, but I didn't really care. If I was going somewhere with Kyle, it would be okay. He finally stopped dragging me in the middle the almost empty parking lot. "What are you doing?"

"Looking at the clouds." He responded, laying down on the cement. "Care to join?" I hesitated for a second before lying down next to him. We probably looked so strange to whoever was watching, but oh well. "What do you see?"

"Clouds." I deadpanned, scanning the sky. That made him chuckle, and I smiled. Gosh, was it healthy to feel dizzy just laying next to him and hearing his voice?

"I see a bunny." Kyle said, snaking his fingers into mine. I gripped his hand, squeezing it slightly.

Note to self; thank Hope next time you talk to her.

"Oh, and ice cream cone!" I exclaimed, pointing excitedly. I had never really paid much attention to the clouds....Actually, I hadn't looked for shapes in the clouds at all before that day. It was fun.

"You know the boys are probably going to take a while..." Kyle said after a moment of silence. I sighed, he was probably right. Of course, I didn't really have a complaint about spending the day with Kyle.

"At least you get to spend time with me." I chirped, giving him a cheesy grin. He laughed, leaning over and pecking my nose. "Um...This might be weird and all, but...What exactly is this...? What do you...Want?" I asked, my cheeks burning. That was so embarrassing, but I needed clarification!

Kyle smirked, "What do you mean?" He was obviously picking up on my embarrassment, and wanted to prolong my suffering. I growled.

"You know what I mean, Kyle." I sat up, placing my hands in my lap. I didn't really want to take chances with my heart, not when so many hard things in my life were already gone. It was basically emotional suicide to get involved in a romantic relationship, but I couldn't help the way I felt about Kyle. Yeah, relationships scared the hell out of me, I'm not sure why.

"Hey, don't get upset." Kyle pleaded, sitting up with me. I kept my eyes glued to the ground, watching an ant crawl by. What a nice ant. "What do you want, Ren?"

I sighed, "I didn't ask what I wanted, I asked what you want." I ran a hand through my hair, finally looking back at Kyle. All traces of a smile had left his face, he was serious. That never happened.

"What, do you want formality?" He questioned, letting a small smile slide back onto his face. There was a little more of the Kyle I liked so much.

"It'd be nice," I muttered, picking at my nails. You know, part of my relationship issues probably came from all the examples my families set. My parents were divorced, my moms two sisters were both divorced, and my dads brother was still married, but he and his wife fought constantly. I hadn't exactly been surrounded by love my entire life.

"Okay, then," He sighed, standing up and pulling me with him. He took a deep breath, going down on one knee. My heart just about stopped.

"Kyle-"

"Serenity, I just want to let you know that I really like you. Like, a lot. And thanks to my mom I know you feel the same way. I'm not sure where this is going, and I understand if you say no because of your mom and everything, but....Would you be my girlfriend?" He gave me an award winning smile, cocking his head to the side.

Dear God, he almost gave me a heart attack!

"Yeah," I squeaked before my mind could think. Was a ready for a boyfriend? No. Did I have one? Yes. Stupid heart speaking for itself. His smiled widened as he jumped up, wrapping me in a huge hug.

"You should've seen your face!" He laughed, pecking me on the lips. I rolled my eyes, slapping his shoulder.

"You didn't have to get down on one knee, stupid!"

"But I did, get over it." He smirked, pulling me even closer. I snaked my arms around his neck, leaning my forehead against his. "Now, kiss your boyfriend."

"Yes, sir," I whispered, gently pressing my lips against his. He responded immediately, moving his lips in rhythm with mine. At first, it was sweet. I let my fingers play with the bottom of Kyle's curls, tugging gently. Kyle pulled my hips closer to his, kissing me more urgently.

Nope, these feelings defiantly weren't healthy.

When we finally pulled away we were both panting and out of breath. I smiled widely, nuzzling my head into his neck.

"You know people are staring." Kyle whispered, making my stomach clinch. Why would people watch two random strangers?

"Oh well." I whispered, smirking against his neck. Because I had snuggled so close my lips brushed his skin as I talked. He shivered.

"Careful, Ren." He teased, pulling away.

"We need a picture," I decided, pulling my phone from my pocket. "Say cheese!" It turned out to be a good picture. The mini golf place was in the background, and the setting sun was lighting out faces perfectly. Both our lips were a little pink from the make out session, but you couldn't really tell. Smiling like an idiot, I logged into twitter.

Hanging with my boyfriend, @KyleMusic5. :) xx

I attached the picture and clicked 'tweet.' There, might as well announce it to the world we were dating. I didn't want rumors of a secret romance to start spreading. We were about to be on a TV show, after all.

"So, what do you want to do?"  I asked, shoving my phone back in my pocket.  The other boys would probably be in there for more then another hour, so we needed to do something to pass the time.

"Well...We could stay here, or we could go get frozen yougert." Kyle said, taking a step towards me again.  He grabbed both my hands, swinnging them back and forth.  God, could he be more cute?!

"Forzen yougert it is." I smiled, standing on my tip toes and pecking him on the lips.